ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation based on minor child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Naturalisation based on minor child

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:37 am

Hi all
i have a bit confusion regarding the naturalisation.
as far as i know it takes 5 years residence to get
Irish citizenship through eu marriage. 3 years if
married with irish national.
my question: as some people say,if you have green
card (gnib card) based on irish citizsn child you could be granted by irish citizenship after 3 years residence in ireland.
please confirm if that's true.
thanks in advance

jcd91
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation based on minor child

Post by jcd91 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:55 am

3 years based on Irish spouse / associations meaning related by blood or through adoption :)
I know this because I have been approved and invited to the July ceremony. Applied through Irish association as my mother is a naturalised Irish citizen.

Hope that helps :)

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm

jcd91 wrote:3 years based on Irish spouse / associations meaning related by blood or through adoption :)
I know this because I have been approved and invited to the July ceremony. Applied through Irish association as my mother is a naturalised Irish citizen.

Hope that helps :)
thanks jsd91 for your reply but i did not really understand what happens after 3 years if i have a green card by my irish child.
Would i be granted after 3 years based on my irish child or not?
Thanks

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:21 pm

zaza7625 wrote:Hi all
card (gnib card) based on irish citizsn child you could be granted by irish citizenship after 3 years residence in ireland.
thanks in advance

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:26 pm

zaza7625 wrote:
thanks in advance
Yes! Through the 'Irish Association' route.. but it'll finally be at the discretion of the Minister to waive one or more conditions to granting you naturalization. If your application is based on Irish Associations:
 Certified copies of all documentation proving your Irish associations** e.g. all birth and/or marriage certificates or civil
partnership agreement needed to show association, certified copy of foreign birth registry entry, copy of naturalisation
certificate etc.
 Copies of residency permissions. Residency permissions are evidenced by stamps in your passport, while additional
periods may be covered by letters that were issued by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service granting you
permission for a specific period from or to a specified date.
** Section 16(2) of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, as amended, defines being of Irish associations as meaning 'related by
blood, affinity, adoption to, or is the civil partner of a person who is an Irish citizen'
. So go ahead with your application. Good luck!

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

KingdomMan wrote:
zaza7625 wrote:
thanks in advance
Yes! Through the 'Irish Association' route.. but it'll finally be at the discretion of the Minister to waive one or more conditions to granting you naturalization. If your application is based on Irish Associations:
 Certified copies of all documentation proving your Irish associations** e.g. all birth and/or marriage certificates or civil
partnership agreement needed to show association, certified copy of foreign birth registry entry, copy of naturalisation
certificate etc.
 Copies of residency permissions. Residency permissions are evidenced by stamps in your passport, while additional
periods may be covered by letters that were issued by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service granting you
permission for a specific period from or to a specified date.
** Section 16(2) of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, as amended, defines being of Irish associations as meaning 'related by
blood, affinity, adoption to, or is the civil partner of a person who is an Irish citizen'
. So go ahead with your application. Good luck!
Thanks kingdomman for your reply.
I just wanted to mention that first year I had a status from my wife based on EU treaty rights. after 1 year passed, I have changed my status based on zambrano case. overall, I had 1 year residence from my spouse and now I have nearly 1 year residence from my child.
Just wondering: would the first year (based on my spouse) be counted as legally resided in ireland or not, plus 1 year based on zambrano?
Thanks

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Thanks kingdomman for your reply.
I just wanted to mention that first year I had a status from my wife based on EU treaty rights. after 1 year passed, I have changed my status based on zambrano case. overall, I had 1 year residence from my spouse and now I have nearly 1 year residence from my child.
Just wondering: would the first year (based on my spouse) be counted as legally resided in ireland or not, plus 1 year based on zambrano?
Thanks[/quote]
I will suggest you still wait another one full year before applying to make you have the required 3 years reckonable residency. You will stand a better chance then. As it is, you only have 2 years lawful residency counting for you.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:41 pm

I will suggest you still wait another one full year before applying to make you have the required 3 years reckonable residency. You will stand a better chance then. As it is, you only have 2 years lawful residency counting for you.