ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married in ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Getting married in ireland

Post by Seeker111 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:17 am

Hello guys,
I am a pakistani student living with my polish partner for over a year in london and i recently discovered i have issued a leave to curtail letter last year which i never received. We are in ireland at the moment and plan to marry here. My visa is ending next month. Can you pls advise what documents we need and what visa i need to apply for?

Thanks

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Re: Getting married in ireland

Post by Seeker111 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Any information pls??
:((

Armankhan
Newly Registered

Post by Armankhan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:58 pm

For getting married u need proof of address and pps numbers, and then u can ring any county registrar for arranging an appointment for checking ur documents and giving the three months notice for ur marriage,all details u can find on crsappointments.ie or just Google,after getting married u need to apply for stamp 4 EU FAM visa on form EU 1 which u can get on inis.gov.ie, u can read about it on the website I mentioned with the heading EU treaty rights in immigration section,thanks and good luck

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker111 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Armankhan wrote:For getting married u need proof of address and pps numbers, and then u can ring any county registrar for arranging an appointment for checking ur documents and giving the three months notice for ur marriage,all details u can find on crsappointments.ie or just Google,after getting married u need to apply for stamp 4 EU FAM visa on form EU 1 which u can get on inis.gov.ie, u can read about it on the website I mentioned with the heading EU treaty rights in immigration section,thanks and good luck

Thanks for your reply. I have entered the country illegaly, if we get married now, will i be able to get a visa on the basis of my marriage. If yes how long the process takes.

Please advise.
Thanks

JimCrawford
Newly Registered

Post by JimCrawford » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:09 pm

You can't get married without a PPSN. You can't get a PPSN if you're in the country illegally.

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker111 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:00 pm

JimCrawford wrote:You can't get married without a PPSN. You can't get a PPSN if you're in the country illegally.
My polish partner has a ppsn. Do i need it too?

Armankhan
Newly Registered

Post by Armankhan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi, u can get married if u have entered illegally, if ur partner is working and ur documents are in order, no one can stop u from getting married or giving u a visa,u just go to the county registrar without ur appointment, now here arises one thing from my personal experience, either she will go ahead with ur marriage without asking ur pps no or she will give u the date of marriage but will say to provide ur pps no asap,this happened last week with my friend partner, but in majority cases it will go ahead without ur pps no,its just upto them on that day,and it will take some time as
Three to four months in getting married and then after sending document 4 to six weeks for ur temporary stamp 4 valid for 6 months,good luck bro

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker111 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Armankhan wrote:Hi, u can get married if u have entered illegally, if ur partner is working and ur documents are in order, no one can stop u from getting married or giving u a visa,u just go to the county registrar without ur appointment, now here arises one thing from my personal experience, either she will go ahead with ur marriage without asking ur pps no or she will give u the date of marriage but will say to provide ur pps no asap,this happened last week with my friend partner, but in majority cases it will go ahead without ur pps no,its just upto them on that day,and it will take some time as
Three to four months in getting married and then after sending document 4 to six weeks for ur temporary stamp 4 valid for 6 months,good luck bro
Can you pls private message me. I am new here and dont know how to pm.

Thanks
Maria