ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's & child's tier2 dependent visa refuced.Review/reapply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manishiyam
Newly Registered

Wife's & child's tier2 dependent visa refuced.Review/reapply

Post by manishiyam » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:30 pm

My wife's and child's Tier 2 dependent visa has been refused. The reason is that in the bank statement we submitted (my wife's bank account) the name was WIFENAME MY*NAME instead of WIFENAME MYNAME - there was one letter different. So the visa officer argued that the submitted bank statement belongs to a different person, not beloning to my wife. Since my wife's visa got rejected due to this reason my child's visa also got rejected.

It is mentioned in the letter that I cannot submit any additional evidence. How can I handle this situation? Can I submit a letter from the bank saying that the statement is belonging to my wife?

Is it worth applying for review?

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Wife's & child's tier2 dependent visa refuced.Review/rea

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 pm

This may be a serious matter.

If the ECO refused your wife because of using someone else's documents, then it's tantamount to accusing her of using deception. They may also refuse future applications under 320(7b) for a period of 10 years, unless exempted.

Refuting a deception allegation is one of the few exceptions where additional evidence may be supplied at AR.
AR2.4 wrote:The Reviewer will not consider any evidence that was not before the original decision maker except where evidence that was not before the original decision maker is submitted to demonstrate that a case working error as defined in paragraph AR2.11 (a), and (b) has been made.
AR2.5 wrote:If the applicant has identified a case working error as defined in paragraph AR2.11 (a), and (b), the Reviewer may contact the applicant or his representative in writing, and request relevant evidence. The requested evidence must be received at the address specified in the request within 7 working days of the date of the request.
AR2.11 wrote:For the purposes of these Rules, a case working error is:
(a) Where the original decision maker’s decision to refuse an application on the basis of paragraph 320(7A), 320(7B) or 322(1A) of these Rules, or cancel leave to enter or remain which is in force under 321A(2) of these Rules, was incorrect;
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.