ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gunners7k
Newly Registered

Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Post by gunners7k » Sat May 30, 2015 11:51 am

Hi

I am in a spouse visa and due for renewal next April, my wife claims child tax credits for the kids, solicitor told me I wasn't allowed to resort to public funds so no working tax, which I have never claimed, however after ringing them up to ask why more money in account, they have automatically started paying working tax credit after receiving my p60, my wage went down(2014/2015 tax year) meaning they paying me extra each week! Rang them to say stop the payments but won't until I receive renewal pack, I'm worried this is going to show up on bank statements and also award notice, help!!

I'm entitled to clam the working tax credit and will it affect my visa when renewal it next April.

Help!!!!!!!

Thanks

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 pm

gunners7k wrote:Hi

I am in a spouse visa and due for renewal next April, my wife claims child tax credits for the kids, solicitor told me I wasn't allowed to resort to public funds so no working tax, which I have never claimed, however after ringing them up to ask why more money in account, they have automatically started paying working tax credit after receiving my p60, my wage went down(2014/2015 tax year) meaning they paying me extra each week! Rang them to say stop the payments but won't until I receive renewal pack, I'm worried this is going to show up on bank statements and also award notice, help!!

I'm entitled to clam the working tax credit and will it affect my visa when renewal it next April.

Help!!!!!!!

Thanks
tax credits can only be claimed jointly by a couple, they cannot be claimed by just one of the spouses if they live together

therefore if you have a UK citizen spouse and are a part of a joint tax credits claim with her, this is not a problem for you -- i think this is a known exception

theprideofpak

Re: Child Tax Credit as well as Working Tax Credit

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:10 pm

The main applicant for Tax credits has to be your wife and the money should go into her account, you cannot be the main claimant and can't receive money in your account unless you have a joint account.