ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

execersing the british Territory right

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baziluk
Newly Registered

execersing the british Territory right

Post by baziluk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Dear All,

I am a british citizen and british passport holder . I would like to know if i can get a stay of my brother in ireland by execrsing my british Territory rights as my brother is a blood relative ? I would like to know the procesure of that? Or if any1 can share a link where these details have been dicussed ? ..

Regards,
Ali

PrestonLancs

Re: execersing the british Territory right

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:41 pm

"British territory rights"?

When were these rights created? By whom? If these rights do really exist, then what makes you think that "British territory rights" can be enjoyed in Ireland? Ireland is Ireland. Ireland is not "British territory".

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:"British territory rights"?

When were these rights created? By whom? If these rights do really exist, then what makes you think that "British territory rights" can be enjoyed in Ireland? Ireland is Ireland. Ireland is not "British territory".
I guess s/he means: EU treaty rights as a British citizen.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:12 pm

There could actually be a very old imperial "British territory rights".

Maybe something to do with Magna Carta?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:02 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:There could actually be a very old imperial "British territory rights".

Haha. You could well be right. Don't think it would hold any weight now though!

baziluk
Newly Registered

Post by baziluk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Dear All,

Well one of my friend has excersized these rights n bcz of this his brother's application in ireland was successful . What im trying to know that one should be in ireland or I can make an application from the home country? Please help

Regards,
Bazil

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Please do not waste your time on this forum, when you already have a friend who was succesful with his brother.

Go and ask your friend, and do exactly what he did.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:48 pm

chaoclive wrote:
PrestonLancs wrote:There could actually be a very old imperial "British territory rights".

Haha. You could well be right. Don't think it would hold any weight now though!
I have actually found a very interesting thing in magna carta. It says that if anyone swears an allegiance to England /crown, then that person is free to leave and come back to England as he pleases.

In future it shall be lawful for any man to leave and return to our kingdom unharmed and without fear, by land or water, preserving his allegiance to us, except in time of war, for some short period, for the common benefit of the realm. People that have been imprisoned or outlawed in accordance with the law of the land, people from a country that is at war with us, and merchants - who shall be dealt with as stated above - are excepted from this provision. -

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:51 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:Please do not waste your time on this forum, when you already have a friend who was succesful with his brother.

Go and ask your friend, and do exactly what he did.
PrestonLancs please post with respect or not at all.

Basiluk, you would have to be resident in Ireland and exercising your treaty rights there. You would also have to show that your brother is wholly dependent on you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:24 pm

My apologies if I sounded unrespectul. I did not mean to be unrespectful. Just wanted to explain, that if someone has been successful, then the same route can be followed.

benfares

Post by benfares » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Preston Lancs

I am from Manchester like you and I found it disrespectful how you wrote to baziluk. Find some manners!!!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

benfares wrote:Preston Lancs

I am from Manchester like you and I found it disrespectful how you wrote to baziluk. Find some manners!!!
['I am originally from Morocco and I live in Spain.'
'i am from morocco thats why i think and my wife is british']

I don't think he was being disrespectful. He was saying that the OP has already found the answer, i.e. by using the same route as his friend.

I don't understand why the OP is on here either if he has already found the answer.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:20 pm

PrestonLancs wrote:I have actually found a very interesting thing in magna carta. It says that if anyone swears an allegiance to England /crown, then that person is free to leave and come back to England as he pleases.

In future it shall be lawful for any man to leave and return to our kingdom unharmed and without fear, by land or water, preserving his allegiance to us, except in time of war, for some short period, for the common benefit of the realm. People that have been imprisoned or outlawed in accordance with the law of the land, people from a country that is at war with us, and merchants - who shall be dealt with as stated above - are excepted from this provision. -
I think PrestonLancs points to Magna Carta in homage, on occasion of its 800 anniversary. But for the avoidance of doubt, only three clauses of the Magna Carta are still in force. And the one above is not one of them.

@baziluk

I have replied to you in one of the other threads you have raised the same question in.
secret.simon wrote:See also this thread.

Brothers do not count as family members in EU law, only as "extended family members", for whom rules are different.
As you said, you know somebody who has successfully used that route. Can you ask them to post their experience here, so that we can learn from their experience?