ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from POST STUDY work Visa to Tier 4.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aliflab
Newly Registered

switching from POST STUDY work Visa to Tier 4.

Post by Aliflab » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:16 pm

hello guys, I need some help please.
At present I am on post study work visa which expires on 2nd of AUG 2014.
But am thinking of applying for a postgrad course(starts September,2014) so I attended one of the open days of the school and I was told that for me to apply for the program which will start by 20th of SEPT 2014 that I have to go back home to submit the application. According to the school staff, the program starts more than a month after my visa expires meaning the course start date has to be within a month of visa expiration.
Please I need explanation on this. THANKS ALL

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: switching from POST STUDY work Visa to Tier 4.

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Aliflab wrote:hello guys, I need some help please.
But am thinking of applying for a postgrad course(starts September,2014) so I attended one of the open days of the school and I was told that for me to apply for the program which will start by 20th of SEPT 2014 that I have to go back home to submit the application. According to the school staff, the program starts more than a month after my visa expires meaning the course start date has to be within a month of visa expiration.
Well the rules are pretty clear that :
If you are applying to continue your studies in the UK, your new course must start within 28 days of the expiry of your permission to say or, if you have overstayed, within 28 days of
when that period of overstaying began.
You are allowed 28 days after your visa expires but that option is NOT recommendable because you can be refused if you don't have a valid reason for not apply before expiry of your PSW.
From 1 October 2012, all applications for further leave to remain will fall for refusal if a student has overstayed for more than 28 days, unless there were exceptional circumstances which prevented them from applying within the 28 day period. The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of:

• the end of the last period of leave to enter or remain granted, or
• the end of any extension of leave under sections 3C or 3D of the Immigration Act 1971, or
• the point a written notice of invalidity is deemed to have been received, in accordance with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, in relation to an in-time application for further leave to remain. If there are exceptional circumstances which prevent you from applying in time, you must submit evidence of the exceptional circumstances with your application.
Is any reason why you don't want to apply from your home country? if you met all the requirement then you should not be worried IMO..
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 am

Aliflab wrote:hello guys, I need some help please.
school staff gave you correct information, if you don't want to go back home why you are not choosing another school where your course will start before your visa expire?

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 pm

maxflip50

Post by maxflip50 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 am

Dear Aliflab and other members

so did you apply from inside country and were you successful?

i have similar case, visa end and course start date is more than 28 days

i have newborn (1 week) child with my wife (dependent), i cannot travel to home county because of it

if i still apply from inside UK with cover letter stating that we cannot travel with newborn baby, will i be successful?

please advise