ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call From UKBA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stressed123
Newly Registered

Call From UKBA

Post by stressed123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi!!

This may be a bit of a rant so please bear with me. First time post here.

So i submitted my visa app for a general 5 year visit visa on the 18th of june on priority. Got an email on the 24th around noon saying its not a straightforward so they cant meet their published priority timings. Around 630 pm they called my sister in the UK who i ave a letter from. She isnt sponsoring me, my parents are- and affidavits and bank statements of both my parents have been submitted to that effect. Have also submitted my bank statement that has multiple deposits in it over the year and expenditures in different countries. My parents put a specific amount in this separately for my trip. Im just really stressing out needlessly. I have always had a 5 year visit visa pretty much since i was born as my father is a pilot. Went to Uni in England as well, came back and applied for a visit visa but didnt submit proper documentation so it was rejected. On re-applying i was issued another 5 year visa which is due to expire on the 5th of july. Currently not working but have sent joint property and land papers with my mother which show income into her account regularly, and i said she gives me my share of it as and when i need. I submitted my sisters student status letter, and her tenancy letter. I also submitted a friends wedding invite. i stated the wedding as one of my reasons to visit and going to see my sister another reason. I am a little freaked out about that email and then their shady call to my sister! Any advice/consolation will be much appreciated!! Oh i travel to the UK very frequently my last trip was for a week just now in april, oct before that, july before that etc... Currently not working and said my parents are funding my trip and i am dependant on them. They asked my sister if she had sponsored anyone and that threw her off so she said she hasnt sponsored but her siter ie Me have applied for visa. They asked who will pay for it and she said my parents.. asked her my DOB, marital status, employment status etc. She said everyone in our family has a visa and are planning to visit end june.. I need to be there mid-july...

SO many thoughts!!

Thanks!!

anoyyed113
Newly Registered

Re: Call From UKBA

Post by anoyyed113 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:19 am

I have almost the exact same scenario. Applied on 18th June with priority and received the same email on 24th June around noon. Please let me know from which country you applied. HO called my accommodation sponsor but he wasn't able to pick up since his phone was away. They haven't called back since then. Need to be there within the first week of July. really tense! Btw they now always call the person in U.K with whom you plan to stay. Please update me on your application asap!

stressed123
Newly Registered

Post by stressed123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:55 am

So I got an email yesterday the 28th which said

Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been concluded.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi

Waiting for the Gerrys passport collection call no. But they're usually pretty lazy so I'll go check if my passport is back anyway tomorrow. I applied from Karachi. This is such ridiculous stress to be putting someone through!
Hope you hear back soon!!

anoyyed113
Newly Registered

Post by anoyyed113 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:28 am

You got an email yesterday that it's been concluded? As in Saturday 27th? I applied from Lahore, and they're saying my application is still in progress. Please also let me know if my sponsor can somehow contact the HO himself since they haven't called him back since a while.

stressed123
Newly Registered

Post by stressed123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:04 am

Yup- got the Mail on a Saturday. I think just wait and they should hopefully call your sponsor again Monday or Tuesday. Not sure but maybe you can dial the number the provide on the website which charges a certain amount or email them. I have no idea about that sorry! Let me know when you hear from them. I think you should hear by Tuesday. Good luck! Or maybe if they don't call your sponsor again they've decided they don't need to and done checks some other way? Just wait and hope for the best

anoyyed113
Newly Registered

Post by anoyyed113 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:57 am

Thank you. Will do! Please also let me know the time you got the concluded email,and whether you contacted them after you got the email that said that your application is not straightforward.

stressed123
Newly Registered

Post by stressed123 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:15 am

Got the not straightforward email 24th noon. They called my sister around 6pm that day. Got concluded email Saturday .. No I didn't get in touch with them at all. Just waiting for gerrys to hurry up and call now. Really annoying and stressful

stressed123
Newly Registered

Post by stressed123 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:10 am

Hi!!! So Vfs called today I went to pick up my passport and got my 5yr visa. Can finally breathe! Good luck with yours!

anoyyed113
Newly Registered

Post by anoyyed113 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:50 am

Congrats! I haven't yet got the concluded email but got this on Monday night after asking for my status through the online form: I have tracked the status and found that the application has been processed and a decision was made and it should be with you in the next few days. Still haven't received an email or call from vfs. really worried. is this a sign of refusal? What time did you receive the call from vfs?