ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muahid786
BANNED

Tier4 extension

Post by muahid786 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:42 pm

I am a international student , I have applied visa extension on 22 june 2015 , I have not receive acknowledgement and biometric letter , I am doing master in textile from manchester university' pls advise me how long will it take to receive acknowledgement and biometric? Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier4 extension

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:34 am

If you are concerned, ask the International Student Adviser at your university what the recent turnaround times are. You only applied a week ago.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

muahid786
BANNED

Tier 4 visa

Post by muahid786 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Dear members, I need expert advise regarding my tier 4 application for extending my visa.

I have submitted my tier 4 application from the University , I have received integrated offer ( 6 weeks pre-session and Msc), however I have not attended my pre session course first week due to medical problem, I have submitted my medical evidences to the university. I have received reply from the university that We will not extend your absence for Pre-Session therefore we have to amend your CAS starting your MSC from 14 Sep 2015.

If my university will amend my CAS what will happen on my visa application? My previous visa was expired on 30th June 2015 and I made on time application.

Please advise me.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 pm

It will be refused because the gap between the end of your visa and the start of your new course is more than 28 days.

You may wish to withdraw the application before it is refused, and while there is time to travel to your home country and apply there.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 4 visa

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:11 pm

sah10406 wrote:It will be refused because the gap between the end of your visa and the start of your new course is more than 28 days.

You may wish to withdraw the application before it is refused, and while there is time to travel to your home country and apply there.
100% correct..

additionally, when the case worker will assess the CAS, they will see the sponsor notes which will suggest the changes in the course dates. this will have few implications for you.

1. your cas would be used, meaning you will have to ask the university to issue you another cas (which they may or they may not)
2. if you are refused a visa then it might go against you when you apply from back home

the university not accepting the medical condition seems that the excuse given by you was not strong enough. good luck