ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency OCI question (India) - Please help

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nhegde
Newly Registered

Emergency OCI question (India) - Please help

Post by nhegde » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:36 pm

We are leaving for India on Tuesday. All of us have a OCI certificate. My daughter's passport (age 10) expired so we recently renewed her passport. I did not realize that we need to get a new OCI. We have both her old passport (with U sticker). I am going to the consulate on Monday morning to see if we can solve this issue. Any suggestions/experiences would be greatly appreciated. What do I need to take to the consulate, any suggestions on what I should tell them to hopefully expedite. We live in the US but I would guess that the process is similar for every country.

Thank you,

samkma
Member of Standing

Re: Emergency OCI question (India) - Please help

Post by samkma » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:14 am

From my experience just carry the old passport that has the U sticker with you. Have traveled twice without transferring to new passport. It is only a suggestion not a requirement.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

hsmpjr
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpjr » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:12 am

i thought it is the new rule they have introduced for upto 20yrs you have to apply for re-issuance of OCI every time passport is renewed.

OCI Travel Advisory – Re-issue of OCI Card (On getting a New Passport)

Re-issuance of OCI is mandatory every time passport is renewed up to the age of 20 years, and again after attaining the age of 50 years in view of frequent biological change in facial features in these age group.

let us know what did you do...

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 am

hsmpjr wrote:i thought it is the new rule they have introduced for upto 20yrs you have to apply for re-issuance of OCI every time passport is renewed.

Re-issuance of OCI is mandatory every time passport is renewed up to the age of 20 years, and again after attaining the age of 50 years in view of frequent biological change in facial features in these age group.

It is an advisory and not a rule.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

hsmpjr
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpjr » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 am

samkma wrote:
hsmpjr wrote:i thought it is the new rule they have introduced for upto 20yrs you have to apply for re-issuance of OCI every time passport is renewed.

It is an advisory and not a rule.
Re-issuance of OCI is mandatory every time passport is renewed up to the age of 20 years