ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short of Cohabitation Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zsubhan
Newly Registered

Short of Cohabitation Documents

Post by zsubhan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 am

Hi All..

I am going to PEO Croydon Office for my ILR appointment on 16th of July, 2015. I am a bit worried as I have just checked and found out that I only have my cohabitation documents for last 16 months and I have lost a complete bag of random post in shifting my home in January 2014. Now I have documents from January 2014 on wards but I need them from July 2013 on wards. So therefore, I am short of COHABITATION Documents for around 6 months.

Can anyone please be an angel of rescue and guide me to how to cover this issue. This is the only problem I have, before going for the same day Premium Service at Croydon. I do have my 2 children's birth certificates but not sure if they will acceptable.

Please, some body help me as I am really very short of time as well.

Regards

Zil

kommsu

Re: Short of Cohabitation Documents

Post by kommsu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:19 am

Hi zsubhan ,

You can use birth certificates as one of evidence , ask for GP letter and you can use as one evidence.
What other documents you have to show ?

Regards,
Kommsu

zsubhan
Newly Registered

Post by zsubhan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am

@ Kommsu,

Thank you very much for the reply. I have marriage certificate from april 2011. I had 100's of documents but as I said I have lost the whole lot. Now from my new address, I have almost 4 documents for every month but do not have a single document before January 2014. I am confused and worried if it could get my application refused?

khan82
Newly Registered

Post by khan82 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am

If you have joint bank account and dont have bank statements then perhaps you can ask your bank to provide you duplicate statements. They will charge you a few quids but it is doable.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 pm

GP Letter ( Chargeable )
Electoral Registration Letter as a Proof ( Ask Council - Chargeable )
Order Utility Bills - Annual Statements
Driving Licences

Please have a look at this Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXgHGhJji5w

atrang

Post by atrang » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Try to get GP Letter, Council Letters, Bank Statements request.
As such since you have marriage certificate and 16 months of history, it should not be a problem. The HO is not too much keen these documents and I have read that for some of the applicants, these cohabitation documents were not even checked.
You can mention about this in the cover letter if you want, but better try to get the above mentioned documents as these can be obtained on request.

Hope this helps.