ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

investigation letter from home office.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

digitalrev

Re: investigation letter from home office.

Post by digitalrev » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:58 pm

OMG, at first glance when I read this thread, my heart stopped beating. if this rule is true, my family life would be effected badly.

I recently applied for naturalisation, but I am planning to move to USA next year for further study and live there with my wife (she is originally from states). my mother in law has serious health condition and she needs urgent care, my wife already moved there and I am waiting for my naturalisation applications decisions. once I get approval I will move to the US.

Thank you experts for finding out, it was nothing but a prank played by OP's closed friend.

@secret.simon - Good one bro. nothing worse than daily hates (Daily Mail) scaremongering anti immigrant headlines.

BOSAAL
Newly Registered

Post by BOSAAL » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 am

I dont believe this. Original poster hasnt replied gaurav yet. All sounds like a made up story.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:45 am

OP is out of country, and I think not able to post frequently.

I have dozens of HO correspondence letter in my peronal file, and I have seen many 100s of HO letters for various people in different cirumstances. I have never seen an HO letter, with no name of the section, reference number, or some kind of correnspondence details ie phone number, email address etc. This letter is 100 percent a prank. Perhaps the friends OP trusts, do not like him, and they are playing pranks on him.

mark83
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by mark83 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:25 am

The scanned letter is written in absolutely terrible English, but supposedly signed by someone with an English name. It is almost certainly a forgery. Perhaps you've been a victim of some sort of mail fraud?

foufou

Post by foufou » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 am

i'm not sure about this story , but I hear it from one lady she was working with me about 6 months ago ,she told me that if u get the british citizen u can't live abroad any more as the rule changed , but I never take any attention for what she said , its look like I need to give a call to home office to double check as they will have the right answer :o

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:37 am

That letter is an obvious forgery. The spelling and grammar on it is attrocious and the logo..is an old one.... probably copied from google. Home Office, from experience, never use white envelopes and not usually First Class. Give them a call if you're concerned.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 am

jinbigo wrote:my friend opened and read the letter and scanned the copy. Nothing is written in the back of the letter.

please find attached below the letter cover front and back.
http://s22.postimg.org/3kq5n2fb5/IMG_20 ... WA0006.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/kb1jcedq9/IMG_20 ... WA0007.jpg

Thanks Casa.

Thanks all for your time and advice.

Regards,
JB
Ignore the letter, its fake.

But I am with secret.simon on this one, why the heck do you want Nationality if all you will do is to go live elsewhere afterwards?
My friend had similar plans, but a few trips to middle east made it pretty clear that UK Passport does not save you from prejudice there. So plans were cancelled, to my delight, of course.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 am

This is such a ridiculous forgery. The Home Office sending letters from a post office, being first processed in WINDSOR (you can see the vignette on the envelope) and with a STAMP!??

All letters sent by the Home Office are franked (hell, any office with more than 10 people has a mail franking machine), sent on their brown envelope of A5 format. The font of their communications is different, the logo is different and all contact information is always present on the letter.

This is pure and simple forgery. Whoever did that could (and should) be imprisioned.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 am

Actually, posting dot org might remove the letter, so I am uploading it here for all to see how bad the English in letter is.

PLUTO.jpg
PLUTO.jpg (213.33 KiB) Viewed 7860 times

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:14 am

fwd079 wrote:
But I am with secret.simon on this one, why the heck do you want Nationality if all you will do is to go live elsewhere afterwards?
My friend had similar plans, but a few trips to middle east made it pretty clear that UK Passport does not save you from prejudice there. So plans were cancelled, to my delight, of course.
People change...things change... future is unpredictable...

Chapter 18 Annex F line 4: " As it is impossible to be absolutely certain what a person intends to do in the future, the most reliable indicator will be past behaviour" ..

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 am

saanju9 wrote: People change...things change... future is unpredictable...

Chapter 18 Annex F line 4: " As it is impossible to be absolutely certain what a person intends to do in the future, the most reliable indicator will be past behaviour" ..
Past behaviour is an indication, indeed.

I would not digress from topic much, there is a thing called planning. I know its not everyone's strength but we can try.

Much to my irritation the observation I have is after getting a developed country's citizenship, UK included, many migrants suddenly have a "love for motherland" for most trivials of reasons, and they just want to go there and live there (ego stroking status symbol etc) so then I ask myself. Why come to UK if your plan was not to make UK your homeland, place of birth was so "dear" to you is something baffles me.

Anyway, as you said, people/things change, and sometimes its for worse. So I am ending this digression here.

Ziuta

Post by Ziuta » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:07 pm

fwd079 wrote:

I would not digress from topic much, there is a thing called planning. I know its not everyone's strength but we can try.

Much to my irritation the observation I have is after getting a developed country's citizenship, UK included, many migrants suddenly have a "love for motherland" for most trivials of reasons, and they just want to go there and live there (ego stroking status symbol etc) so then I ask myself. Why come to UK if your plan was not to make UK your homeland, place of birth was so "dear" to you is something baffles me.

Anyway, as you said, people/things change, and sometimes its for worse. So I am ending this digression here.
fwd079 100% with you on that one.
Applied: 02/06/2015
Fee deducted: 13/06/2015
Acknowledgement letter: 16/06/2015 (dated 13/06)
Biometrics: 16/06/2015
Approval: 28/11/2015

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:13 pm

I disagree with Simon and Fwd and others, on the subject; there shouldn't be any restrictions on movement. If countries like UK or Canada placing restrictions on movement (moving abroad temporarily or permanently) - these countries will become a JAIL. Somehow or indirectly its against human rights. As human beings we are free, we could live wherever, we want.

A couple of other observations,

(i) Thousands of British (those who are born here or white) are living abroad either due to income or weather factors; has anyone questioned them? or going to question them? will they be affected, if such laws come into force?
(ii) Will there be any categories in citizenships (1st class, those who are born here, and UK is their home) and those who are not born here and are living or lived x years abroad? isn't this getting complicated?
(ii) My children are born in the UK while, I am not. Does it mean, we as a family will have different passports? British Citizen Category A and Category B? don't you think it sounds funny?

There are various other things, but I can sense the time is not far, that some sort of restrictions will be introduced, as immigration is portrayed like a wild animal and they don't know how to handle it.

Regards

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:13 pm

fwd079 wrote:

"Do not judge, lest you be judged".

UK is unusual in that, being a developed country propagating high moral values, it makes a reunification of naturalized British Citizens with their elderly parents a virtually impossible task. This policy is quite new, and most naturalized citizens had no idea about it when they moved to the UK. So, facing a choice of paying for some dubious care to unknown people back home, or moving back to make sure that their parents are taken care of properly, many prefer the latter. I don't think any sane person would call such people irresponsible.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 pm

tier1o wrote:I disagree with Simon and Fwd and others, on the subject; there shouldn't be any restrictions on movement. If countries like UK or Canada placing restrictions on movement (moving abroad temporarily or permanently) - these countries will become a JAIL. Somehow or indirectly its against human rights. As human beings we are free, we could live wherever, we want.

A couple of other observations,

(i) Thousands of British (those who are born here or white) are living abroad either due to income or weather factors; has anyone questioned them? or going to question them? will they be affected, if such laws come into force?
(ii) Will there be any categories in citizenships (1st class, those who are born here, and UK is their home) and those who are not born here and are living or lived x years abroad? isn't this getting complicated?
(ii) My children are born in the UK while, I am not. Does it mean, we as a family will have different passports? British Citizen Category A and Category B? don't you think it sounds funny?

There are various other things, but I can sense the time is not far, that some sort of restrictions will be introduced, as immigration is portrayed like a wild animal and they don't know how to handle it.

Regards

Besides, isn't "overpopulation" and "immigrants swamping their country" something they deplore so much? If many foreign-born people prefer to move abroad after obtaining citizenship for whatever reason, why should it cause any consternation to the local people? I thought in fact it would bolster a key net migration figure which the Tories focus so much on?

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:44 pm

jinbigo wrote:Hi experts,

got a letter form HO on 26th, below are the details. As british citizens, we are out of country and we thought we can stay howmuch ever longer we want, it seems its not true, can experts help me here please.. i am really worried about this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our random checks in Home Office data base and your previous declartions with ,we found discrepancy in the information and intent declared to us by you.

Our records shows, you made declaration to make U.K as your permanent home while obtaining permanent U.K residency and Nationality in accordance with then immigration laws. In the various application submitted by you. You claimed to make U.K as a your permanent home.However, we found from our records that after obtaining U.K permanent residency and Nationality, you have lived outside country for most of time.

We suspect this as a breach of immigration rules and regulations under various sections and will invite prosecution,fine and imprsonment. In all immigration forms. Home Office make clear to an applicant to furnish true and factual information and warn against any deceit, false declartion and wrongful intentions.

The above matter is being investigated. You will be provided opportunities to present your case.

your faithfully,

home office member.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sorry couldnt upload the copy as got the message board attachment quot has been reached.

Thanks,
JB

tbh i think this is fraud of some sort
not genuine
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:17 pm

I think this forum is full of hyper debators, who many a times just debate about non sense. Someone plays a prank, and people are debating it as if they are members of house of lords. If someone needs to see how people can jump into useless debates, then they need to visit this forum, and post any BS. :twisted:

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:40 pm

I think this thread has served it's purpose and due to be closed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.