ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent Work

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vision1
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Dependent Work

Post by Vision1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading this learned forum for some time but this is my first post here.

What I know is that a Tier 4 dependent can work full time, for any kind of work.
But do they have to compete with the UK/EU applicants like the Tier 2 for any job, or are they exempt from it as long as they stay Tier 4 Dependent. I mean can they be hired by any employer for any kind of job without having to go through the RLMT or do they have to look for the specific rated employer and CoS etc.
Would appreciate any guidance.
Thank you.

epa123
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Dependent Work

Post by epa123 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:16 am

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:48 pm

You are making it way too complicated. Any restrictions on their working are written on their visa or BRP.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Vision1
Newly Registered

Post by Vision1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks for the replies epa123 and sah10406.
I am sorry if this question sounded silly but I have no experience of it at all.

The reason I don't know what their visa or BRP say is that I have not yet applied for them. I want to know rules first. Can't afford to take them along if they have any work restrictions.

Given my course of study, my dependents should be allowed to work as per the rules cited by sah10406.

Assuming they are in the UK in that status, and apply for a job for which equally suitable UK/EU applicants are also present, would the employer be officially bound to prefer the UK/EU over them or will they all be considered equal, purely on their individual merit rather than their UK/non-UK origin.

I am not talking about them switching to Tier 2. I am just talking about their equal opportunity for a job as a dependent where local UK/EU applicants are also present.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 am

They will have the same opportunity as other people to apply and look for work. They will not need a RMLT or COS or anything like that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vision1
Newly Registered

Post by Vision1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 pm

CR001 wrote:They will have the same opportunity as other people to apply and look for work. They will not need a RMLT or COS or anything like that.
Really grateful dear CR001.
This piece of information has relaxed my tension a lot.
If possible, could you kindly refer me to the relevant rule. It will be a big help.
Thanks a lot once again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 pm

See page 8 of the PBS Dependent Policy Guidance (Click) as it only lists doctor/dentist/prof sports person restrictions.

It also depends for how long your Tier 4 visa is whether dependents can work.

See also page 76 of This Link - Immigration Rules-paragraphs 319A-319K (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vision1
Newly Registered

Post by Vision1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:24 am

CR001 wrote:See page 8 of the PBS Dependent Policy Guidance (Click) as it only lists doctor/dentist/prof sports person restrictions.

It also depends for how long your Tier 4 visa is whether dependents can work.

See also page 76 of This Link - Immigration Rules-paragraphs 319A-319K (Click)
Invaluable help, indeed.
Very informative links. Don't mention any restrictions other than you had already stated.
Mine will be more than 12 months, masters level at a higher education institute.
I hope there's no discrimination in real life, but that's something no one can stop.
Thank you so much once again.

Vision1
Newly Registered

Post by Vision1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:54 am

The latest changes affecting Tier 4 and their dependants.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tier ... es-changes