ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years private life route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lawxff
Newly Registered

10 years private life route

Post by lawxff » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 pm

hello there, im new to this forum but i urgently need some help.

basically im 19 years old and my family moved from Ghana when i was 12. im now in university but im there as an international student. i was thinking of applying using the FLR(FP) form this summer as a( person that is 18 or over and has spent less than 20 years in the UK, but you’d find it hard to live in another country, e.g. because you have no friends or relationships there). i just wanted to know if it would be better to apply on my own or with the rest of my family.

also i have 2 younger sister who are 15 and 14 respectively, march made it 7 years since we all have been in the country and my mum was going to apply using the family life 10 year route for everyone but we found out that we couldn't do it because im over 18, so i just wanted to know if i had any chance of success or will i be told to leave the country.

thanks

secret.simon

Re: 10 years private life route

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:51 pm

On what basis did your mother move originally to the UK 7 years ago?

lawxff
Newly Registered

Post by lawxff » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 pm

she moved here in 2006 as an overstayer, but she then got married to my stepdad a few years later and was given an eea spouse visa which was revoked a year later as she didnt have the right divorce documents to prove she was divorced to my dad

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Did she pursue the revocation ?

As a 19 years old, you will need to demonstrate that you have spent about half of your life in the UK, to have a chance of succeeding under the rules. This will mean demonstrating that you have lived in the UK for 9 and the half years.

Unfortunately you don't appeal to have lived in the UK that long yet.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

lawxff
Newly Registered

Post by lawxff » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:57 am

yes she did, but since the ukba didn't believe the divorce documents were legitimate, they just refused the appeal

on the website though,there are 3 different routes one can take for the 10 years private life, the third of which states that i just have to prove that i have no cultural, social and emotional ties to my country of origin, but im not sure, because, since im now living on my own, it would be unreasonable to send me back on my own.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:45 pm

lawxff wrote:since im now living on my own, it would be unreasonable to send me back on my own.
Actually that argument works both ways. Since you have no family ties to the UK, it is much easier to deport you.

lawxff
Newly Registered

Post by lawxff » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 am

but isn't there some consideration that needs to be made about weather the deported person would be able to survive in the country they are sent to?, or do they just not care

lawxff
Newly Registered

one stop notice

Post by lawxff » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 pm

hey guys

basically, i went to see a lawyer about my immigration issue, he said that he could invoke a previous application that was refused and get them to reconsider it. he called it a one stop notice i think. my question is: has anyone gone through this route, and the outcome? also, is it normal for a solicitor to expect full payment upfront.

thanks

lawxff
Newly Registered

appeal

Post by lawxff » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:10 pm

hey guys

quick question: if i made an flr fp application after the 6th of april and i was refused, would i have to leave the country before having an appeal

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: one stop notice

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:02 pm

lawxff wrote:hey guys

basically, i went to see a lawyer about my immigration issue, he said that he could invoke a previous application that was refused and get them to reconsider it. he called it a one stop notice i think. my question is: has anyone gone through this route, and the outcome? also, is it normal for a solicitor to expect full payment upfront.

thanks

The lawyer is wrong, and there is no basis for him to say that, as you clearly do not fall into the category of cases, where reconsideration will be undertaken for applications made before 06-04-2015.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors