ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's general visitor visa rejected twice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shamims178
Newly Registered

Mother's general visitor visa rejected twice

Post by shamims178 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi,

My mother applied for a general visitor visa twice in the last 2 months but has been refused on both counts.

Attempt 1: Her first application was made on 22nd May 2014, while her retirement was coming to effect from 31st May 2014. So in her application she showed herself as a permanent government employee but at the same time also provided a letter from the employer clearly stating the future changes in her circumstances i.e., from a permanent employee to a retired pensioner, whilst she intend to travel to the UK).

The visa officer didn't took cognisance of her impending retirement status and refused her the entry saying that she hasn't provided the leave approval from her employer for the travel period. Though UKBA also brought in few question about her inadequate funding as a secondary reason for refusal.

Attempt 2: Taking a corrective action the next application was made on June 19th. This time she clearly mentioned her retired status and provided pension documents and employer certificate etc. She further submitted a bank statement with enough money for 4 week of UK travel plus my sponsorship letter for her accommodation along with my lease papers etc.

Refusing again the visa officer says:

a. There is inconsistency in her stated circumstances between the two applications.
b. The funds in her bank account doesn't commensurate with her pension income. (Off course there will be a difference as she is retired now and will earn a pension income instead of full salary).
c. She has a less obvious socio economic bond with India, hence does not appear to be a genuine visitor.

I understand she should have mentioned her status as retired in the first application. But now with the second refusal, I am completely perplexed with UKBA's approach and need your advise to proceed further.

Shaz

changemaker
Newly Registered

Re: Mother's general visitor visa rejected twice

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:22 am

Hello!
I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas