ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa rejected for my mother Need assistance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skolla
Newly Registered

Family Visitor visa rejected for my mother Need assistance

Post by skolla » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 am

Hi Folks,

I have applied a family visitor visa for my mother. I have sponsored her and submitted cover letter for this sponsorship. She showed her own account as well for INR 67,950 and i showed my two bank statements one is current account with closing balance of GBP 212 and my savings account GBP 4218.84.

High commission from chennai refused my mother application on the below reasons

"you have stated that your son in the UK will bear all your expenses. you have submitted your son's HSBC bank statement XXX5486 till 10/06/2012 which shows a closing balance of GBP 212. There is no evidence of a flight booking. you have not submitted any other financial documents to confirm that he is able to support you. I am therefore not satisfied that he would be able to bear your expenses"

I am thinking they did not even look at my savings account. When she got all her documents back from them she received my savings account statement as well

Can you please advise me what are the next steps.

I want my mother with me for my wedding which is scheduled on 25/08/2012

If she apply again, can she use the same savings account statement dated 01/07/2012. Do i need to submit bank statement under 30 days older?

Any of your thoughts will be helpful to take a wise decision now

Thank you in Advance,

S Kolla

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:14 am

Reapply for your mum and send latest bank statements again and explain in explanatory letter why you think they made a mistake in refusing her last application(ie they overlooked you savings of £4000).

You can say you did not provide evidence of travel ticket because you were not sure whether her visa would be granted.

I take it you sent your employers letter and wage slips showing your income and that you are in a position to support her full stay in UK.

I don't know whether a saving of £4218 would be sufficient for you to get married on,call your mum over and pay for her all expenses as well as your own though....just a thought

ups

Post by ups » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:12 pm

UKBA specifically advises against making any travel arrangements until visa is approved. So I wonder if they mentioned flight tickets only to see if those expenses are already covered so the remaining amount is used just for maintenance.

changemaker
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor visa rejected for my mother Need assistan

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:25 am

DO not reapply as they refuse with new reason everytime you reapply. I think best is to make a complaint thet they have ignored or missed looking at your savings accoutn statement. After all its their mistake in doing that.

you can send complaint to this.
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Also I have started this petition as these kind of refusals are on the ncrease and my mums visa was refused for similar reasons even though she has visited UK 3 times and went back within the given time.

I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas