ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's Visitor visa rejected twice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srivisaN

Mother's Visitor visa rejected twice

Post by srivisaN » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 am

Hi,

My mother's visitor visa to UK was rejected twice (August 2013 and April 2014). I am putting the reason for rejections, please advice me how to proceed and if I am doing any mistakes while filling the applications please let me know. Both the times they have issue with her financial status in India.

She is not employed and it is difficult to prove that she is has good financial commitments to go back. I was always showing her properties and savings account bank balance.

1st Time Rejection: August 2013
Reason:In your application form you state that you have no monthly income, but that you receive income from friends and family and you have savings, properties and other income. You have submitted a bank book as evidance of your fainancial circumstances from State bank of India showing a closing balance on 25th July 2013 of Rs. 380,291.00. All but Rs. 20,291 of the balance has been entered on your account after 24th July. This does not match your stated income (of Rs. 0 a month) and the depostits are not cinsistent with the history of the account. Your bank statement therefore does not support your claimed income or satisfy me that the money is genuinely yours. I am not satisfied there that you have presented an accurate picture of your economic circumstances
in India which leads me to doubt your intentions in the UK.

2nd Time Rejection: April 2014
Reason: You have declared on your visa application form that you have a monthly income of GBP30000 and GBP8785 from properties and rent together with savings and investments respectively. You have not however provided documentation to show that you can generate an income with this money. I am not satisfied therefore that your financial circumstances are as you have stated, and as a result, I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties to India

Application form details related to the rejection:
INCOME AND EXPENDITURE

56. DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER
INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

57. TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM PROPERTIES AND RENTS
AMOUNT IN GBP(£) 30000 GBP
TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM SAVINGS AND INVESTMENTS
AMOUNT IN GBP(£) 8785 GBP
Both these amounts are her fixed assets (worth of Land and flat and bank account balance) and I have provided the property documents and bank statements, other than this I don't have any proof and surely she is not getting any income on them.

I am worried that she was rejected 2 times already and how it will effect her future applications.

Thanks,
Sri.

sufibaba
Newly Registered

Re: Mother's Visitor visa rejected twice

Post by sufibaba » Sun May 11, 2014 1:26 pm

These type of rejections are not serious rejections just could be verified by clear point wise answers for each refusal points backed by strong evidences.
Do not re apply. Appealing is the best solution. It take time but success rate is very high.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon May 12, 2014 9:24 am

Hi Sufibaba,

Thanks for the response, do you know the appealing process..

1. Does it need to be done in UK or India
2. Any idea about how much cost it involves
3. What documents they need

Thanks,
Sri.

sufibaba
Newly Registered

Post by sufibaba » Thu May 22, 2014 7:03 pm

1.You have to appeal it from india.(it comes to laughboro uk)
2.Appeal fee you can find out on ukba website.
3.Supporting documents of course you got to be very sharp and to the point.
as an example count the number of refusal points and then provide a very clear straight forward answer supported by evidence docs.

This can be done without a solicitor depend on how professional you are.
Then in the appeal hearing you can select verbal hearing or by written hearing.
if its verbal you need a solicitor.
writting no need solicitor.
Its quiet straight forward.
And there after if your case is strong home office might try to adjorn the case or withdraw..
Home office will try to discourage you.
Refusal is a normal but can get the visa.
Dont discourage.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:18 am

A visitor visa only attracts the right of appeal on human rights grounds.

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/visit-vi ... al-review/

changemaker
Newly Registered

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:29 am

Hello!
I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas