ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa of mother refused under 320(7A)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier4Dep
Newly Registered

General visitor visa of mother refused under 320(7A)

Post by tier4Dep » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 am

my mother applied for general visit visa to visit me and my husband in the UK and we were sponsering her trip, we sent all our documents, invitation letters etc, but in the application form for the question 'Do you have any friends or Family in the UK' my mother has only mentioned my husbands details and the ECO has rejected the application because of that.

Should i appleal against this decision as my mother submitted all relevent documents from us and still rejected with a ban because she forgot to mention my name in the question.

Any help regarding this is a big help as we are feeling so helpless :(

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:31 pm

What were the exact words for the refusal?

daggerhead
Newly Registered

Re: General visitor visa of mother refused under 320(7A)

Post by daggerhead » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:50 pm

tier4Dep wrote:my mother applied for general visit visa to visit me and my husband in the UK and we were sponsering her trip, we sent all our documents, invitation letters etc, but in the application form for the question 'Do you have any friends or Family in the UK' my mother has only mentioned my husbands details and the ECO has rejected the application because of that.

Should i appleal against this decision as my mother submitted all relevent documents from us and still rejected with a ban because she forgot to mention my name in the question.

Do we need to really click "do you have Family and friends" option as "yes"....just a week back i filled general visitor visa form for my inlaws. I gave the option as no in PART 7->FRIENDS AND FAMILY - as i couldn't see the daughter-inlaw option in the dropdown of the relationship .

I just gave the details in PART 7-> YOUR STAY IN UK as immediate family member with my details .

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 am

Sorry to hear that, Have you given an option to appeal? I think it's a strong case as question is not very clear and you do not gain anything by hiding the details but may take long time.

I am not sure whether you can immediately apply again as section 320(7A) invoke automatic refusal for one year.
tier4Dep wrote:my mother applied for general visit visa to visit me and my husband in the UK and we were sponsering her trip, we sent all our documents, invitation letters etc, but in the application form for the question 'Do you have any friends or Family in the UK' my mother has only mentioned my husbands details and the ECO has rejected the application because of that.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:53 am

madhumesh wrote:I am not sure whether you can immediately apply again as section 320(7A) invoke automatic refusal for one year.
There's an automatic refusal for 10 years, not for one year.

So, should dispute that she had made false representations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks Vinny for the clarification,

Just wondering do they give appeal right for false representation?

It's very harsh decision on OP as question is very confusing(Do You have family in UK?) And most of time people will consider it as family unit and just provide name of head of the family. Providing details of every member of family seem overkill and certainly refusing it as false representation.

changemaker
Newly Registered

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:31 am

Hello!
I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas