ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa refused for Mother-In-Law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1queries
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa refused for Mother-In-Law

Post by tier1queries » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi Guys,

Need help and advise for the Family Visitor Visa refusal.

I wanted my Mother-in-law to visit her for about 180 days to stay with us and spend some time with our 1 & half year daughter.
Below were the supporting documents provided with the application:
1) My 6 months payslips and bank statements.
2) My & my wife's passport and biometric cards photocopy.
3) My Tenancy Agreement
4) Invitation Letter
5) Mother-in-law's passport
6) FD certificate (4 lac) of Mother-in-law's & Father-in-law's joint account
7) Bank statements (60k) of Mother-in-law's & Father-in-law's joint account
8) Mother-in-law's marriage certificate

The Application got rejected with below reason:
- In order to assess your intentions in the UK I must consider your personal circumstances and I note that you have not submitted satisfactory evidence of your personal and financial circumstances.
- You have stated on your Visa Application Form (VAF) that you are supported by your husband but have provided no details of him employment and income here in India. The only documentary evidence you have provided relating to you or husband that I am able to assess is a bank statement which shows a credit balance of yyyyRs (£1=100Rs).
- All applicants are advised of the types of documents to consider submitting in support of an application for entry clearance and I note that you submitted your application without such evidence.
- Without such evidence I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months (Paragraph 41 (i)(ii) of HC 395.)

I am now planning to make a second application with below additional documents to the previous set
9) 3 years IT returns of Father-in-law
10) Bank statements showing father-in-laws pension being deposited
11) Bank statements showing father-in-laws contract job payments
12) Property and Jewellery evaluation report

I hope this additional documents will satisfy the case. Please suggest if I am missing any other documents.
Q1) Is there any time restriction in terms of how soon I can apply after the refusal? I am planning to submit it sooner
Q2) I was originally planning to file my father-in-laws application as well for last 2 months duration while my monther-in-law in the UK. Would you suggest that I should file for father-in-laws visa application at the same time? Or I better making application for my Mother-in-law first and later I could apply for Father-in-law.

Any help in this regards is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visitor Visa refused for Mother-In-Law

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:22 pm

hi

First of all don't state that she will come for 180 days. State that she will come only for 4 to 5 weeks. Get the visa first.

Best thing is to apply your father in law visit visa as well and main applicant should be your father in law in the application.

Otherwise very slim chances to get visit visa for your mother in law alone.

This is my personal experience.

Regards.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

tier1queries
Newly Registered

Post by tier1queries » Fri May 02, 2014 5:47 am

Thanks for your response.

Do you think UKBA will not have concerns if I make new application with Father-in-law and change the duration of stay?
Would It not bring more scrutiny from their side?

changemaker
Newly Registered

Post by changemaker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:39 am

Hello ,

Do not change the stay time unless they plan to stay for the stated time. My mother visited UK three times previously and on lasrt occasion only sghe stayed for 5 months when we said 4-5 weeks and ECO has now made that a basis for refusal even though there has been no breach to visa conditions.

So you might be putting future applications to risk. if you show enough funds and valid reasons for staying longer period then you should apply with that.

Also the decision making has been really Poor since the Appeal rights have been aboslished , otherwise cases like that were always successfull during appeals.

This is why I have started this petition, Sign it please and get as many people to sign as possible

Hello!
I've started the petition "Theresa May, UK Government: Bring back the right of appeal for family visit visas" and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
http://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-uk- ... isit-visas