ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriages whilst on DLR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chiriaev
Newly Registered

Marriages whilst on DLR

Post by Chiriaev » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello, I've been granted DLR 2.5 years ago and have now lived in the country for 14 years (since I was 10). I am basically settled on part time residence on the 10 year route and currently engaged to a non-UK, non-EU national. Is there any possibilities for us to live in the UK together? I ask as it is somewhat confusing on the .gov website; it says I have to be permanent resident but in another section it says I have to be settled in the UK. From what I understand I am settled but not permanently. Any suggestions/links welcome.

Casa

Re: Marriages whilst on DLR

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:06 pm

You won't be considered as settled for immigration purposes until you have been granted ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.