ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maximum Time Limit as a Student in the UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

questionguy65

Maximum Time Limit as a Student in the UK

Post by questionguy65 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi,

Could someone let me know please if I will be eligible to get Doctorate Extension Scheme considering the time I have already spent in the UK as below:

4 Years BSc (sandwich course) => 3 years of which under Pre-tier 4 (student visa) - 1 year of which under tier 4 (general)

1 year MSc => under tier 4 (general)

4 years PhD => under tier 4 (general)

The rule that worries me is this:
If you have already completed a PhD and are applying for immigration permission to complete another course, you will only be allowed to spend a maximum of 8 years in the UK on a student visa.
In all cases, if you have already completed a course leading to the award of a
PhD, Post Graduate research qualification or Research Masters Degree (as listed
in Annex 5 of this guidance) in the UK, the grant of leave you are seeking must not
lead to you spending more than 8 years in the UK as a Tier 4 (General) Migrant, or
as a Student.
Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Maximum Time Limit as a Student in the UK

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Answered on your other topic asking the same question. Please do not post multiple topics.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.