ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Allocation and Job Start Date Question...

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

COS Allocation and Job Start Date Question...

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 4 VISA and my studies are finished. I got a job offer from an employer in Canary Wharf and they are willing to sponsor my Tier 2 VISA.

I joined the company already as I can start full time work on Tier 4 VISA, until expiry of my current leave to remain (if studies are finished 100%).

Question 1: What job start date and end date should be mention in COS? I already joined on 1st July 2015, but it says start date can be in past.
Question 2: My employer realized that the yearly soc allocation is expired and they made renewal request for 2 SOC on 3rd July 2015, how much time UKVI need to approve the request?

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: COS Allocation and Job Start Date Question...

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:08 am

Can anybody who have idea, please let me know?

Especially the job start date is important.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:16 pm

The experts should be able to answer properly. I would think that you need to wait for the allocations and make sure you have your degree ready. I guess the start date should be according to the service you are going through (post, priority or premium). If you do it by post I would ask the employer to put the start date around a month from the date the CoS is generated. But then again, let the gurus answer this one...

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:16 am

start date should be the date from which the employer wants to sponsor you. this is not the start date of job. Best they put something like 2 -3 weeks in future.
they should get cos anytime, as it takes between 1 day to 2-3 weeks to get the cos allocation.

T2VISACHANGE
Newly Registered

Post by T2VISACHANGE » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello Masood

Could you update the news about the additional CoS? How long it takes for you? As I have the same problem and it takes about 2 weeks now.I get nothing from UKBA now.

thanks

Yue

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:44 pm

iworker wrote:start date should be the date from which the employer wants to sponsor you. this is not the start date of job. Best they put something like 2 -3 weeks in future.
they should get cos anytime, as it takes between 1 day to 2-3 weeks to get the cos allocation.
Hi iworker,

Thanks for your message and advice, COS allocation request was accepted in 3 working days and my employer assigned me COS already. The start date they mentioned in COS is 13 July 2015. (It is not 2-3 weeks in future according to your suggestion). Will it cause any problem? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:48 pm

T2VISACHANGE wrote:Hello Masood

Could you update the news about the additional CoS? How long it takes for you? As I have the same problem and it takes about 2 weeks now.I get nothing from UKBA now.

thanks

Yue
Hi Yue, The COS allocation request was accepted in 3 working days, they made allocation renewal request on 13th July by end of day and they received confirmation email on 15th July.

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:59 pm

iworker wrote:start date should be the date from which the employer wants to sponsor you. this is not the start date of job. Best they put something like 2 -3 weeks in future.
Hi iworker,

Just providing more details about assigned COS so you can let me know if I can face any issues:

Start and End dates mentioned in COS:
Job Start Date: 13 July 2015
Job End Date: 31 August 2018

I received your last message after the COS was assigned and it is not after 2-3 weeks in future like your suggestion. Please let me know if I can face any problems because of this?

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi, Can anybody please let me know and guide me? Senior forum members, please help.

Thanks,
Masood Ahmed