ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card query...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benfares

Residence card query...

Post by benfares » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to know how long it takes to receive the residence card? If it takes too long I will use the 'EEA dependant inm stamp' basically i work for at least 2 months and show all my documented evidence as I did for the EU application at the nearest airport in England and if they are satisfied they will allow the spouse entry to England. I will definitely try that.

Thank you all

PrestonLancs

Re: Residence card query...

Post by PrestonLancs » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Clock at least full 4 months. Also, if the eu citizen has not had any effective employment in Ireland, then UK will refuse RC.

Entering UK is not an issue. The issue is what happens after entering UK.

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks PrestonLancs for the reply

I know someone from this board, worked 2 months and entered England and received his wife's RC.

Does it matter how long you need to work.As I worked one month now and I have my tax credit certificate too.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:24 pm

my wife has her temp card and we been in ireland since feb, i changed my job recently but we waiting ages for the full RC are you saying we could enter uk with her temp card and show i been working in ireland since march?

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:32 am

Hi Robster

How are you? You said you have been here since Feb, How long have you worked since then? If you worked a minimum of 2 months you can qualify under' EEA dependant ink stamp' which means you and your spouse can go to Belfast airport and enter any airport in England with all the correct documentation (payslips, statements bills etc) and if the officer is happy with what you have they will stamp your wifes passport for 6 months and you can enter England and apply for a UK residence card.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 am

benfares wrote:Thanks PrestonLancs for the reply

I know someone from this board, worked 2 months and entered England and received his wife's RC.

Does it matter how long you need to work.As I worked one month now and I have my tax credit certificate too.
If it doesn't matter, then don't you thing people will stay in Ireland for just one day, and then go to UK. I think you are in a real rush to go to UK no matter what. :roll:

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 am

benfares wrote:Hi Robster

How are you? You said you have been here since Feb, How long have you worked since then? If you worked a minimum of 2 months you can qualify under' EEA dependant ink stamp' which means you and your spouse can go to Belfast airport and enter any airport in England with all the correct documentation (payslips, statements bills etc) and if the officer is happy with what you have they will stamp your wifes passport for 6 months and you can enter England and apply for a UK residence card.

With all due respect, dont sound like and expert when you are not. You only came yoursleves yesterday, and somehow you are suddenly in a position to give detailed guidance to others. You make it all sound like its a child's play.

"and if the officer is happy with what you have they will stamp your wifes passport for 6 months"

What if the officer is not happy? what would you ask him to do in that situation? Please please, share your experience, but do not sound like an expert. Your irresponsible postings coud put people into trouble.

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 am

Preston Lancs

You dont know what you are talking about. I know a British Pakistani on this forum was self-employed for 2 months took his non-eu wife to manchester airport and entered England. Because he had ALL the required documents plus they had no EEA dependant ink stamp and let him through. Plus he was fairly confident as he worked 2 months. I am aiming to achieve this plus I have been in ireland for nearly 6 months and I cant wait to go home to MANCHESTER!!!

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:25 am

Preston Lancs

What are you a Solicitor? Or what do you have any experience or do you like scamming each post and criticising it. Please say something with respect or not at all.

:D

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:42 pm

I would be wary to enter the uk on a temp card, are u saying the uk accept the temp residences card?

benfares

Post by benfares » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi Robster

Not with the temporary card. But at least 2 months worth of payslips, bills prtb etc. Follow the EEA dependant ink stamp route.I am attempting to do this route with my husband.

Hope this helps

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:59 am

Can you post the link to that British pakistani's post in this forum.

I exactly know who you are talking about.

benfares

Post by benfares » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 am

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:07 am

benfares wrote:Hi Robster

Not with the temporary card. But at least 2 months worth of payslips, bills prtb etc. Follow the EEA dependant ink stamp route.I am attempting to do this route with my husband.

Hope this helps
I read what this guy did i am a little confused, basically could i apply for the EEA Family Permit now while my wife still on a "temp card" to enter the uk? I have over 4 months worth of pay slips and 2 jobs here. if we did this will they need to see a full residence card from Ireland for the EEA Family permit application? and if my wife does get an EU Family permit will she get the residence card in UK with no problems? she was refused a uk visitor visa before we were married thats all i worry about, also i have my car here in Ireland so we would only be traveling back by ferry not by plane as she currently 4 months pregnant as well. if someone can please advise me that would be great as it sounds like i could apply for eu family permit now while she on a temp card?

benfares

Post by benfares » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Robster

Congratulations you will love your bundle of joy. :D Rob you dont need a Family Permit to enter England nor a residence card. You can qualify for a ' EEA dependant ink stamp' at a nearest airport in England Just like st477 did I am trying to do that too.
Even with a stamp 4 you can do that. You have enough payslips and documents be confident and you are good to go.

:)

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:55 pm

we would be getting ferry from Dublin not a plane, only thing is its very important my wife can get national insurance number in the uk for nhs treatment as she is pregnant how would that work and can we do ink stamp via a ferry port?

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:12 am

Hi Robster

Yes even in the ferry show all your documents. If they dont have an ink stamp its ok they will let you through. As soon as you enter England apply for the UK residence card as your case is really strong plus you have a better chance as a baby is on its way.

Good luck

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:15 am

Oh yes i forgot apply for a COA it will help to open her a bank and get NI

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:18 pm

what is a COA and where would i get one from? are you sure we be able to enter on paper work alone? would it be wise to get a return visa stamp for ireland just incase? and also what about fact she still on a temp card in ireland waiting for the final decision of the eu1 form? also what advantage is there over applying for eu family permit over showing up and applying for a residence card within the uk?

benfares

Post by benfares » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Robster

A COA is a right for your wife to work and get access to the NHS or get a NI number. You need to apply for this whilst you are in the UK. Regarding your question on Family Permit if you apply for that now it will tke another good few months plus you need to send your original passports so you wont be able to travel. Its your choice at the end of the day.

Good luck with your decision

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:51 am

COA Where do i get this from? so basically get re entry visa go to port and try our luck otherwise alternative is waiting for ages?

benfares

Post by benfares » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:40 am

Hi Robster

Coa you get that from England you apply for it when you apply for the UK residence. In a nutshell exactly, just get a re-entry visa in case but you have nothing to lose. If you go through with this tell me about it ok.

Thank you and hope it will work out for you. :D