ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GeetL

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by GeetL » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:06 pm

Best of luck hey3guys! Hope the interview goes well. Let us know about your experience. Thanks
heyheyheyguys wrote:Hi everyone.. I received a call from the BHC today, saying that they want to interview me on 30th June... so nervous!!! This is nerve-wracking!!

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Thanks Geetl. The ECO said he was satisfied that it's a genuine relationship and would make a decision today.. fingers crossed!

sv345

Post by sv345 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Guys,

My wife and Child need to apply for dependent of settled person visa from New Delhi, India.

Would they have to register separately and fill independent forms? How do you register a child who's 7 months old?

Thanks

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:59 pm

heyheyheyguys wrote:Thanks Geetl. The ECO said he was satisfied that it's a genuine relationship and would make a decision today.. fingers crossed!
Awww good to hear! I hope it's a positive decision. I chased up for an update again yesterday and got the standard in process email with one different paragraph (highlighted below) which didn't fit the flow of English in the rest of the email so not entirely sure what they mean by that comment. Anyhow we have been checking our junk/spam mail folders and there's nothing there as of yet.

"Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration
International Enquiry Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWFxxxxxxxx and date of birth
xxxxxxx ) and found that your application is in progress and your visa
application centre or the entry clearance officer will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your
application.

Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15
working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment and
processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and
wait for the processing to be completed. You can check how long you'll have
to wait for a decision on your visa application in your country (if you
applied from outside the UK) by entering your details at the following
link: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times. Please note that the actual
processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

Could you check your email inbox including spam/junk mail boxes whether you
have received an email from the decision making centre. It is your
responsibility to check all your emails without the automatic delete
function set-up.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
xxxx"

I'm hoping we will get a response soon too. We're now at the end of 45 days.

sv345

Post by sv345 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Also, when filling the application,

I came across this statement:
If you are applying for settlement as the parent, grandparent or other dependant relative of someone in the UK, your sponsor needs to complete and sign the Sponsorship Undertaking Form (SU07), which can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf. By signing this form, your sponsor confirms that they will be responsible for your maintenance and accommodation in the UK. You should include this completed form when you make your settlement application.
Do I need to fill this SU07 form (being other dependant relative)

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

sv345

Post by sv345 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
For a settlement dependent visa (wife and child), what should be answer to this? a particular number of years or 'unlimited' ?

Also, I am not sure if this is the right forum to discuss these question. If I am wrong, please direct me to right forum please.

Thanks

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

You can say any number of years. It's a bad question by them .

And SU07 form is mandatory and u need it to show the proof of address as stated in the form.
sv345 wrote:
For a settlement dependent visa (wife and child), what should be answer to this? a particular number of years or 'unlimited' ?

Also, I am not sure if this is the right forum to discuss these question. If I am wrong, please direct me to right forum please.

Thanks

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:58 pm

sv345 wrote:

Thanks
Hi SV345, I am unsure about the rest of your questions but I was advised to add "settlement" for this particular question.

My guess is that you will need to fill in separate forms for both but I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure you will need to fill in the SU07 form for both but again not 100% certain.

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 pm

heyheyheyguys wrote:Thanks Geetl. The ECO said he was satisfied that it's a genuine relationship and would make a decision today.. fingers crossed!
Hey hey3guys,
Hope you get your visa soon. Let us know what you were asked during the interview?how was your experience? What question were asked to you?

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Snehal,

Well the questions were really basic. I was asked where did you learn English? Where did you study in London? What visa did you go in the UK? Did you apply for any extension? Where did you meet your husband? Where was the wedding and how many guests? After these questions the ECO said he was satisfied the relationship was genuine and would make a decision today... I think I was randomly picked for an interview because the whole thing lasted just 5 minutes.

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

heyheyheyguys wrote:Hi Snehal,

Well the questions were really basic. I was asked where did you learn English? Where did you study in London? What visa did you go in the UK? Did you apply for any extension? Where did you meet your husband? Where was the wedding and how many guests? After these questions the ECO said he was satisfied the relationship was genuine and would make a decision today... I think I was randomly picked for an interview because the whole thing lasted just 5 minutes.
Well hey3guys, seems you ll get visa soon. best of luck for your future.
and thank you for sharing the interview experience here. a lot of people will be helpfull.

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:32 am

congratulations to all for getting their application accepted.
I too am on ILR in UK and will be getting married in September and straight after that will be applying for her spouse VISA in New Delhi

Can someone please tell me if the fees are taken at the counter when you actually submit the application at the VFS office OR is it taken from the account as soon as you complete an online application?

Also, i will be completing an online application before actually getting married as i want to secure an appointment in Sept when i am there in India. I spoke to someone at VFS and they said its ok to complete an online application for spouse before actually getting married since there is no date on the form and its valid for 3 months? Is this correct?
Please advice.
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

sv345

Post by sv345 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks Geet,
I found out that I need to fill separate forms for Daughter and wife.

Some more Q on form are:

1) Have you ever obtained medical treatment in UK (address, the start and finish date). As my daughter was born in UK, shall I provide for the GP detail or shall I provide the hospital address? and length of treatment? from pregnancy or from birth?

2) partner address : Shall I provide current -friend's-address or the address where I'll start staying in next 20 days? or wait till I move into my flat as tenant (another 20 days)? Also length of intended stay (indefinite or length of tenancy)

3) Travelled to UK (for daughter as she was born in UK but never had a visa- what should be my answer in this part?

Cheers

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:05 am

HarryC wrote:congratulations to all for getting their application accepted.
I too am on ILR in UK and will be getting married in September and straight after that will be applying for her spouse VISA in New Delhi

Can someone please tell me if the fees are taken at the counter when you actually submit the application at the VFS office OR is it taken from the account as soon as you complete an online application?

Also, i will be completing an online application before actually getting married as i want to secure an appointment in Sept when i am there in India. I spoke to someone at VFS and they said its ok to complete an online application for spouse before actually getting married since there is no date on the form and its valid for 3 months? Is this correct?
Please advice.
Hi HarryC,

We paid all our fees (application fee and IHS) online as we were informed that the vfs office didn't take payments but I don't know if this is across all vfs offices. We submitted copies of the receipts along with the application for proof of payment.

I was trying to do the same so we filled in the online application but didn't submit it until we had all the documents gathered. Unfortunately we couldn't submit in advance as we had to wait to receive certain documents but as soon as we had them, we were able to submit and get an appointment literally on the next day. I believe three months is correct but if you have a look on the application website, I think it tells you when you log in. The validity is 90 days if I remember correctly.

Good luck with your application.

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 am

sv345 wrote:Thanks Geet,

Some more Q on form are:

1) Have you ever obtained medical treatment in UK (address, the start and finish date). As my daughter was born in UK, shall I provide for the GP detail or shall I provide the hospital address? and length of treatment? from pregnancy or from birth?

2) partner address : Shall I provide current -friend's-address or the address where I'll start staying in next 20 days? or wait till I move into my flat as tenant (another 20 days)? Also length of intended stay (indefinite or length of tenancy)

3) Travelled to UK (for daughter as she was born in UK but never had a visa- what should be my answer in this part?

Cheers
Really unsure about those questions sv345, but I would suggest adding a lot of that information under the additional comments sections. Hopefully someone else o the board has been through the same and can advise. With regards to your address, I would have thought waiting until you have moved into your flat would be a better option as it shows you have apt accommodation available for your wife and daughter. Also you would want a consistent address throughout your application to avoid any confusion. That's my opinion anyway.

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 am

hi sv345

I can't answer all questions. But address is very important. I was in a similar situation as of yours and used my friends address and our visa got rejected on that grounds as I wan't able to provide enough info on accommodation. So next time, I submitted details of the new house which i rented and provided the necessary documents as stated on the SU07form. Mostly house rental agreement or any utility bill will do.
If you want to use ur friends address make sure ur name is in the utility bills and if ur friends name is also there in that bill then u need to show that ur house has enough space to accommodate ur family (which would be a letter from the landlord or something and makes ur case complicated).

aamar0583
Newly Registered

Post by aamar0583 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi Siv

See answers below -

Question 1 - Yes, since your daughter was born in a UK hospital. Write the same start and finish date of treatment in both wife and daughter's form. Provide your daughters UK birth certificate if possible and also your GP practice and hospital details.

Partner address - This is where you have to be very careful, I'd provide new address and submit tenancy agreement. Make sure the tenancy agreement says you are intending to stay for at least 6 months.
You can provide your friends address but you'd need a property inspection report. If I were you, I wouldnt opt for this option.

Travelled to UK - Yes in both forms, provide travel dates where necessary.
Don't stress over your daughter's visa, its not required for new borns, I am sure the case worker understands.

Some more Q on form are:

Cheers

sv345

Post by sv345 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Cheers, thanks Geet Aamar and sid.
Really helpful comments.

What should I write on the form where they ask which visa your child was on as she dint had a visa. Can I write- not required?
Last edited by sv345 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sv345

Post by sv345 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Some more Q on form are:

Cheers

and should I write the dates for my wife from since she registered with GP or only for pregnancy?
thanks

aamar0583
Newly Registered

Post by aamar0583 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 am

sv345

Re your child's visa type - just write not applicable.

Re treatment dates - Do not write the date when your wife first registered with a GP practice. This will make the case worker think that she has a long term illness. Just write date when she was admitted and discharged from the hospital.

sv345 wrote:

Some more Q on form are:

Cheers

and should I write the dates for my wife from since she registered with GP or only for pregnancy?
thanks

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:52 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Hi Snehal,

Hi Hey3guys,

Thanks for sharing these questions, very helpful. Have you managed to get a decision from them yet?

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Nope! Though they said I would only get my passport back next week, even if the decision has been made..

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:52 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Nope! Though they said I would only get my passport back next week, even if the decision has been made..
Good luck, hope you get the good news you've been waiting for.

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:16 am

@ Geetl any upgrade of your status? hope your application is been in process.

@hey3guys: dont worry soon you ll have your visa in your hand as your interview was good and ECO was satisfied. and best of luck

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks snehal..but I think the ukvi has a grudge against me and is unnecessarily delaying my application on purpose!