ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by jollyjolly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
jollyjolly wrote:
CR001 wrote: 2) applying on FLR(M) will reset your ILR clock and you will have to wait a further 5 years before you can apply for ILR.
Thanks for your reply CR001. Sorry I dint get the second point, I am already eligible for ILR as dependant, why would my clock get reset if I apply for FLR(M)?
Because switching to FLR(M) means a new 5 year route under Appendix FM and the rules that came into effect on 9th July 2012 and you will not be able to make up the 5 years with a combination of residence of PBS dependent and FLR(M). This would only be possible for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

You should have applied with your spouse as then you would have both been covered while the applications are in process. As you know, you will only qualify for ILR based on your current visa if your spouse is successful with his ILR application.
Thanks again. Does it mean I would only get ILR if my spouse gets it, and I would not have any right to apply for ILR even after staying for 5 years as PBS dependant?

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Yes, because you were on T1G PBS, if you were on Student visa or any other visa for last 10 yrs then you can go fro ILR on your own.

So your ILR is currently dependent on your husband ILR, once his application will approved then you will get your status.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 pm

jollyjolly wrote:Thanks again. Does it mean I would only get ILR if my spouse gets it, and I would not have any right to apply for ILR even after staying for 5 years as PBS dependant?
Correct, as a Tier 1 Dependent, you will only qualify for ILR if your spouse (main applicant Tier 1) gets ILR, whether you apply together or you apply after your spouse. Your visa/immigration status is wholly dependent on your spouse's visa/immigration status, so you cannot apply for ILR if your spouse is refused or decision is delayed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jollyjolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjolly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Thank you very much askhan and CR001 for your prompt replies!

oshak
Newly Registered

Post by oshak » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi All,

I applied for ILR in Liverpool on Friday 19/06/15. After 2hrs, i will told they need to do further checks. I believe it has to do with the fact that I went into the application thinking i'm not slef employed, but appartently, even though I'm a director of a Limited Company and i get salary and Payslips, HO will always see me as self employed since i'm the SOLE director of the company. My caseworker was asking for proof that I'm paying NI and I couldnt point her to anything. However after getting home, i realised that the proof is already there [the Standing order payment on my business Bank Statement combined with my payslip.]

I dont know if this is the ONLY reason further checks is being carried out. But i sincerely hope it is. I have a few questions;

1] Has anyone used the Liverpool PEO before?

2] Is the Visa application [none PEO] processed centrally in one office or in different locations depending on where you attended your PEO?
3] If i am refused [ I hope to God this doesnt happen], can i REAPPLY for same thing within the 28days I have to leave UK and i will not be applying as an OVERSTAYER? Since there is no more appeal and if i know the reason i was rejected and can fix it immediately, i can as well put in same application again

The reason for the 2nd question is because i believe if they process the FURTHER CHECKS in the liverpool office, i will get a feedback within the next 1 month as i know they office IS NOT BUSY AT ALL (Only 4 of us were there for the whole 3hrs i was there and the staffs were pretty much gisting all through as they have nothing to do]. But if its processed centrally, then I may be in for another long wait...

I was to move from Tier 1 General to ILR
I used both Pay slips and dividend vouchers for my Visa application.

Please someone help.....

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:11 pm

My friend recently got his ILR from Liverpool on 29 May 2015. As you are the director of your Ltd Co. so they will make sure that your earnings are genuine. Most of the times HO comes to know the applicant is director/self employed when some one claims dividends with the salary. I think they would not think or ask you any thing if you have claimed only salary because you would be considered only employee and every thing would be on your payslip like NI Deductions, Tax Deductions, Employer NI Contributions et. Your payslip will tell everything if they want to know anything. I do not mean that Director,s earnings are not genuine but they can ask you questions for being a director, like, what your company does, how you do it, what you do, who are clients, invoices, etc. In my humble opinion being an employee getting only salary would be better option.

khan82
Newly Registered

Post by khan82 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 am

I know atleast 5 dozen people who have got ILR using salary and dividend. Myself being one. It really depends what documents you submit. It is important that you submit a letter from your accountant explaining everything like NI, PAYE, VAT and corporation tax. Also submit buisness bank statements and invoices.

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Husband applied for FLR m on 29th June at Liverpool and we got the letter saying valid but further checks :(

1. Is it system driven or is it case worker decision??

2. What is further home office checks this is what she said and that it takes a couple days to come back and that she will send documents to us along with our passports.

3. Would hubby going home lots raise issues but none were longer than 90 days max 3 weeks each time.

Hoping someone can shed light as provided all relevant docs! And he has completed 27mths which was issued from abroad as never was legal in uk and left of his own accord for us to have a life together and we have a 3 week old baby.

As he was never asked to leave nor did he overstay a visa as he never had one we answred no to questions 5.6 have you been deported etc and 5.7 have you overstayed a visa!

Make well over needed amount so not sure if any of above would stop decision on day?

Really stressed :(

askhan

Post by askhan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

HB1 wrote:Husband applied for FLR m on 29th June at Liverpool and we got the letter saying valid but further checks :(

1. Is it system driven or is it case worker decision??

2. What is further home office checks this is what she said and that it takes a couple days to come back and that she will send documents to us along with our passports.

3. Would hubby going home lots raise issues but none were longer than 90 days max 3 weeks each time.

Hoping someone can shed light as provided all relevant docs! And he has completed 27mths which was issued from abroad as never was legal in uk and left of his own accord for us to have a life together and we have a 3 week old baby.

As he was never asked to leave nor did he overstay a visa as he never had one we answred no to questions 5.6 have you been deported etc and 5.7 have you overstayed a visa!

Make well over needed amount so not sure if any of above would stop decision on day?

Really stressed :(
Hi Dear..

This is now quite normal for PEO's to withhold the applications and honestly NO ONE here would be able to tell you why they hold it.
You dont need to be stressed as so far all the application which is been withheld are eventually approved sooner or later.

We can only guess, it could be IT issues and they don't want to declare this to take the blame of ripping you for 1000's of pound.
Another reason would might depend the employment history of your husband.

Please advise what was your husband current visa, expiry, self employment or employment.
IF SE, then were all the tax paid on time.

Hope this helps.
Ak
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Hiya

Thanks thats reassured me!

He is a sole trader so self employed but they used my info as i think she was being lasy and i defo heard having issues and she kept asking other people questions hmmm not confident she has entered things proper! Tax is all paid for this year and in advance for 15/16 tax year.

Although it defo went for some check as heard another lady say to her that she got one back in 2 days (refusal)

Hubby had spouse visa 33mth which expires sept.

We have a baby and ok he was illegal before but he was granted spouse visa from british embassy abroad and he has been good other than speeding fine (should we have declared that could that be the issue) Surley they can't go back on things prior to spouse visa???

Thanks for quick reply!

Pinku007
Newly Registered

Post by Pinku007 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello there,

Our case is quite similar to human, we appeared on the 26 june26th.
Human, would you know why your case was held by them. I have an Indian graduation degree myself.

Thanks

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Would a driving conviction abroad mean refusal as we genuinley forgot to mention it?

It was for speeding and just a fine but all fines in albania are given by going to local court rather than at road side???

Help panic has set in worried about deception honestly didn't think it mattered as speeding fine! Just had a baby and was in hospital for two weeks so had to rush application :(

Will this even show on criminal record check?

Please help

naveid
Newly Registered

Post by naveid » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi,
myself and mrs went in April to Liverpool, were told the same that application is fine but "further checks" required. I am afraid it will take 6 months as been told by HO information centre last week.

Even tho the Liverpool office is quiet, but once they hold the application. it goes to an entire different team which will start the process from scratch.

One user is right about ripping off 1000s pounds as what checks take 6 months while they process most applications in 2 hours on the window.
P.S I applied for ILR SET(O) on 5 year Tier 1 G basis and completed a PBS form for mrs as she was here only for a year. did I need to supply B1 English test for mrs?

Kind Regards

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I was told waiting on home office check what ever that is and did hear another lady talk to my lady saying two days one took and my lady said she would send docs so sounded like she was dealing once response came back but she couldn't give decision today and could take up to a week not holding my breath though!

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Call centre is rubbish as they know nowt hoping it won't take that long but preparing for the worst don't care how long it takes just want it approved so we can live pur life x

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:22 pm

It may be due to his lack of legal status when he was previously in the UK. When you stated in the form that he hadn't overstayed this may have flagged up the need to check the circumstances of his illegal residence here.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:25 am

Yeah you could be right with that!

I was correct to answer no though as technically never overstayed as he never had a visa but they will see from prev application we declared he came illegally so is that ok???

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Anyone advise?

**question around have you ever overstayed visa?
**Answered NO as hubby never had a visa to overstay as came illegally...

came here illegally went home and then applied for uk spouse and came back legally. This was declared on uk spouse visa application but have i answered above correctly?

oshak
Newly Registered

Post by oshak » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi All,

Got a letter today that my Indefinite Leave has been approved. Its gonna be 4wks tomorrow that i applied in PEO Liverpool and i was told they need to do further checks. I'm so happy.

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Glad to hear! Nice when people update! What did u think your aditional checks were?

Did u get the letter recorded delivery?

How long were you told at the appointment as we have still not heard and we have been waiting just two weeks although told 1 week to get docs back! x

never

Post by never » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi

my appointment was 16-07-2015 at sheffield (peo)

i m self employed but my application is hold for further checks i have paid all my tax nothing due.

actually wait 3 hours and the case worker turn up and request me to post last three years tax returns with in 14 days but i said i have with me HMRC DOC( SA 302) that covers last 5 years tax i have paid i explain her and also mention
on to write it but she just listen what i have said also said do you want my last extension accounts as well but she said no they have in there record after that she only took SA 302 with her and after exact 2 min she came back and give me a letter that she want to do some further checks i said if you want any more information i can provide you but she said no they have to do more checks

so my question is that any one know how long it will take and what kind of checks

i have paid all my tax nothing hide exact same as the first and second extension all paid

so any one know what kind of checks and how long it will took

never

Post by never » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:58 pm

oshak wrote:Hi All,

Got a letter today that my Indefinite Leave has been approved. Its gonna be 4wks tomorrow that i applied in PEO Liverpool and i was told they need to do further checks. I'm so happy.

hi

do you know what kind of checks HO have done any idea i m also self employed and all the tax paid

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:48 am

never wrote:Hi

i m self employed but my application is hold for further checks i have paid all my tax nothing due.

actually wait 3 hours and the case worker turn up and request me to post last three years tax returns with in 14 days but i said i have with me HMRC DOC( SA 302) that covers last 5 years tax i have paid i explain her and also mention
on to write it but she just listen what i have said also said do you want my last extension accounts as well but she said no they have in there record after that she only took SA 302 with her and after exact 2 min she came back and give me a letter that she want to do some further checks i said if you want any more information i can provide you but she said no they have to do more checks

so my question is that any one know how long it will take and what kind of checks

i have paid all my tax nothing hide exact same as the first and second extension all paid

All kind of checks that UKV&I deem necessary to clear any doubts that they may have regarding your application.
Read through this topic and you will know how long it usually takes ... no application is the same and therefore timelines may vary drastically.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

HB1
Newly Registered

Post by HB1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Great news we got our passports and the BRP today so so relieved! The letter mentioned satisfying the FM appendix so must have been checking my wages etc even though had all the right documents and slips and bank statements! Could have been cause I had 20k in account as sold a share save so maybe thought we were at it lol! Good luck to those waiting it took 3 weeks and 3 days for us! :)

never

Post by never » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:
never wrote:Hi

All kind of checks that UKV&I deem necessary to clear any doubts that they may have regarding your application.
Read through this topic and you will know how long it usually takes ... no application is the same and therefore timelines may vary drastically.

ALLHUMDILLILLAH i got my ILR