ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trinity B1 Exam after 5th April 2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Isu
Newly Registered

Trinity B1 Exam after 5th April 2015

Post by Isu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi All,

Need advice.

ILR due in next month.

My wife has given Trinity B1 grade 5 in May 2015 from Ealing Hammersmith & west London college located in Acton town. Unfortunately this is not one of the approved center after 5th April 2015.
----
Below is the reply i got from college:
Your certificate is valid until November 2015 as outlined on the Home Office website - https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications.

It is valid for both settlement and citizenship applications.
-------

I think they are pointing to this on Home Office website: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications.

3. Approved English language qualifications
You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1, B2, C1 or C2 level qualification that’s one of the following:
an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland

Also in set(o) form - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _05-15.pdf

Page 15; section 4.3 they have given below option to choose for english language requirement

An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 ,
that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated
by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation
(Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the
Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern
Ireland;

Below is whats on Ofqual
http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/Qualifica ... 500_1934_X

Can anybody advice me if the certificate is valid for ILR or do we need to take the exam again from approved test center.

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Trinity B1 Exam after 5th April 2015

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 pm

Have you tried to contact Trinity college to find this out?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Isu
Newly Registered

Post by Isu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi,
Today I have spoken to Trinity college and they are saying certificate is valid till 5th November 2015.

UK & Ireland office
Trinity College London
AMP House, 10th floor
Dingwall Road
Croydon CR0 2LX

T: +44 (0)20 7820 6100

Regards,

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:37 pm

They are saying right.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:32 pm

mnaeem126 wrote:They are saying right.
My view on this if u read the HO GUIDELINE they said if test taken before 5th April 2015 than its valid till 5th November 2015.

From 6th April only specified test centres English test is acceptable

OP gave the test in May 2015.

I think he also needs to reconfirm it from HO
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 am

Prior to 6 April 2015, there was only one requirement to satisfy, having a test that is from the approved list (now known as the transitional list valid until 5 November 2015 for tests taken before 6 April 2015).

The current SELT list introduced a new requirement in addition to having a approved test (and cut down the number of approved tests to 2, Trinity & IELTS), that is to have the test taken from an approved test centre.

OP, as you had taken the test in May, you need to demonstrate that the test is both approved and taken from an approved test centre. This is in accordance to the statement in the Home Office's current SELT on the first page:
Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 that they intend to use in a UK immigration application must take one of the tests listed in table 1 at one of the approved test centres in table 2 or table 3
Your college has given incorrect advice. It would only have been applicaple if the test was taken prior to 6 April, which is not the case.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Isu
Newly Registered

Post by Isu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:07 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice.

Apologies for late reply. I have double checked with college (Eailing, Hammersmith and west london college) and they are still saying Trinity B1 grade 5 exam is valid and they are still conducting exams. I have tried to contact other test center which are still conducting Trinity B1 exam like computer learning center, intech and few others and they are saying certificate will be valid.

Bit confusing. So we have decided to retake exam as don't want to take risk.

Regards,

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Unfortunately, there will be a number of centres that are not approved still offering the test. The Triunity B1 test is itself a approved test but it comes down to having it down at an approved centre. Also, these tests are also used for other purposes such as entry into a college for example, not just immigration purposes.

A local test centre 10 minutes from me (where my other half sat her test last year) had shut down for the very reason due to the changes from 6 April 2015. The information your given by the test centres contradicts the information from the Home Office. I remember reading on here someone submitted a English at Level A1 as opposed to B1for ILR and had it rejected just because the "test centre" stated it would be acceptable, so you need to be careful.

IMO, the current SELT list makes it clear that it needs to be done at an approved centre. I have yet to see someone who has taken the the approved test at the non-approved centre after 6 April and had it accepted.

I think its the best option you have chosen to retake the test at an approved centre.