ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm unsure if I qualify for 2yr route?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ConfusedYank
Newly Registered

I'm unsure if I qualify for 2yr route?

Post by ConfusedYank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi, I came to the UK May 2011 on a Spousal Visa which expired 2013 at which point I extended it FLR(M). I'm confused because on the uk.gov site it says:

Eligibility
You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for:

2 years if you applied for your visa before 9 July 2012
5 years or 10 years if you applied for your visa on or after 9 July 2012

My original Visa was applied for before July 9th 2012, or do they mean my extension on that one? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Casa

Re: I'm unsure if I qualify for 2yr route?

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:48 pm

ConfusedYank wrote:Hi, I came to the UK May 2011 on a Spousal Visa which expired 2013 at which point I extended it FLR(M). I'm confused because on the uk.gov site it says:

Eligibility
You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for:

My original Visa was applied for before July 9th 2012, or do they mean my extension on that one? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
They mean the original visa application date.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ConfusedYank
Newly Registered

Post by ConfusedYank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Casa wrote:
ConfusedYank wrote:Hi, I came to the UK May 2011 on a Spousal Visa which expired 2013 at which point I extended it FLR(M). I'm confused because on the uk.gov site it says:

Eligibility

They mean the original visa application date.
Sorry, I'm panicking here, just booked my Life in the UK test and not even sure if I'm eligible for indefinite leave to remain under the 2yr route. So I qualify for the 2yr route, correct?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes you qualify.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ConfusedYank
Newly Registered

Post by ConfusedYank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Casa wrote:Yes you qualify.
*Exhales...thank you so much for replying.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:10 pm

You're welcome. Also as you are under the pre-July 2012 rules you only have to show 'adequate maintenance', not the £18,600 annual earnings level.
(Casa, not CR001)

ConfusedYank
Newly Registered

Post by ConfusedYank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Casa wrote:You're welcome. Also as you are under the pre-July 2012 rules you only have to show 'adequate maintenance', not the £18,600 annual earnings level.
Nice one! Thanks again.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Eligibility

what was ur initial visa is it flr(m) or pbs dependent visa. ?

regards,
suresh

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:53 pm

The OP entered on a 2 year spouse visa and I assume chose to extend on FLR(M) instead of applying for ILR.
"I came to the UK May 2011 on a Spousal Visa". The first application is never for a FLR(M) visa as you would not have 'further leave' to extend from another visa category..
(Casa, not CR001)