ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Main + Dependent) Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sparsh

ILR (Main + Dependent) Application

Post by sparsh » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:04 pm

I am about to apply for ILR for me + 2 dependents, I had a question regarding documents for my wife. She has a degree certificate from University of Mumabi and original Mark sheet (Final Year). Do I still require a letter from University stating that the course was taught in English

gprao2010

Re: ILR (Main + Dependent) Application

Post by gprao2010 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi sparsh,

If your wife's qualification is recognised in the Points based calculator then the print out of that page is sufficient along with the original degree certificate of your wife.

Regards,

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Thanks gprao2010...just one more question my child's passport is valid until Jan 2016 and I would be applying for ILR in Aug 2015. Is there a rule that passport has to be valid for at least 6 month or more?

sparsh

ILR Dependent QUERY

Post by sparsh » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:31 am

1> My kids passport is valid for less than 6 months, do I need to extend it prior to filing for ILR (I heard passport should have validity of at least 6 months, is this correct?)
2> Regarding Wife’s English requirement, I can find her qualification on points based system. DO I still need Naric English language assessment letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependent QUERY

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:36 pm

1. No you do not have to apply for new passports. There is no rule that they have to be valid for 6 months for ILR.

2. What is her degree and where was it obtained.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:07 am

Hi CR001,
She Has done BA (Economics) from Mumbai University.. (3 years full time)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Get a Naric done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 am

NARIC is having 2 options Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment. Which one should I go for?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Probably both if you want to use it to prove English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sparsh

Urgent Help required _ILR

Post by sparsh » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Friends I have completed 5 years and eligible to apply for ILR. On 9th July While I was driving Met police caught me using a mobile phone while driving. They said I should here via post in few weeks. Till now I haven't heard any thing? They were not ready to say what this would lead to.. said might be asked to go for a course or will be given fine with 3 points it all depends on the officer who would send you the letter.

My query is should I declare this in my application. I have not heard anything till now from then. I even check with Met police and they did check in their system and said nothing is their in their system till date.

Really tensed not sure what to do....please advice

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Topics merged.
I even check with Met police and they did check in their system and said nothing is their in their system till date.
So a problem created by your imagination(?)
Life isn't fair, but you can be!