ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP UK VISA REFUND

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tvntommy
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP UK VISA REFUND

Post by tvntommy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 am

Someone please help me. My gf applied for UK VIsa when she was in Canada to study abroad in UK for thr T4. When she did he application I used my credit card to pay $530USD. When she went to the interview the officer said she would need more information and that she should cancel her application, start a new one and I will get my refund within 28 business days.

She went home and did that. Cancelled, request refund, made a new account, booked a newappointment and I spent another 530 on her appointment. Everything worked out well forher second application and she is now in england studying BUT i have not received my REFUND from them for the first application we cancelled.She didnt even do her biometric thing. It has been longer than 50 business days and we tried everything. When we called FIVE TIMES costing us 100+$ total they keep telling us to go to https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk and submit a stupid form. Multiple times they asked for more info and we gave them EVERYTHING. THey told us to contact UKBANewyork.refunds@fco.gov.uk and we did TWO WEEKS AGO and NO response. We keep emailing them and contacting that stupid FORM and nothing is happening. THey are stealing $530 USD from me....

Does anyone have a solution?
Was anyone in this situation?
How long did it take you to get your refund?
What did you do?

PLEASE HELP!

hockey26
Newly Registered

Re: PLEASE HELP UK VISA REFUND

Post by hockey26 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:00 am

I am having the same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue? if so, what did you do?

sabavnk
Newly Registered

Post by sabavnk » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:54 am

I am on the same boat, but from UK. I have cancel my appointment on Feb 13th 2015 and after almost 10 to 15 emails, they only responded me 2 or 3 times. Finally i got confirmation today 20th April 2015 from worldpay that my refund is processed. Its hassle to get back the money.
My concern is from last two months i am paying interest for that, i need to fight to get back wave the interest.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Anyone having the same issue, why not contact your credit card companies and get them involved. For the credit cards issued by UK banks etc, there is a chance of getting full refund under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act and for anyone outside the UK, claim it through your card provider.

natalya.hlushchak
Newly Registered

Post by natalya.hlushchak » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:06 pm

tvntommy wrote:Someone please help me. My gf applied for UK VIsa when she was in Canada to study abroad in UK for thr T4. When she did he application I used my credit card to pay $530USD. When she went to the interview the officer said she would need more information and that she should cancel her application, start a new one and I will get my refund within 28 business days.

She went home and did that. Cancelled, request refund, made a new account, booked a newappointment and I spent another 530 on her appointment. Everything worked out well forher second application and she is now in england studying BUT i have not received my REFUND from them for the first application we cancelled.She didnt even do her biometric thing. It has been longer than 50 business days and we tried everything. When we called FIVE TIMES costing us 100+$ total they keep telling us to go to https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk and submit a stupid form. Multiple times they asked for more info and we gave them EVERYTHING. THey told us to contact UKBANewyork.refunds@fco.gov.uk and we did TWO WEEKS AGO and NO response. We keep emailing them and contacting that stupid FORM and nothing is happening. THey are stealing $530 USD from me....

Does anyone have a solution?
Was anyone in this situation?
How long did it take you to get your refund?
What did you do?

PLEASE HELP!
I know it had been a while ago, but I am still interested whether you got your refund eventually? I'm currently in a similar position, and feel a bit anxious about the whole thing...
Thank you

sreekanth.adari
Newly Registered

Post by sreekanth.adari » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm

I am in same situation,

- clicked on refund at-least 5days before the appointment date of my Wife and Daughter's Tier 2 ICT dependent visa application after booking a slot.
- Its been more than two weeks but I did not received refund for both the applications.
- I am trying to escalate but every time I use mail option, I am asked for more details to provide and I don't see an option to continue with the same case as I get mail from "donotreply" so I am sending more info again separately.
- I used my UK Debit card online for booking the Visa application in India, is that a problem ?
- Do I need to wait for more time ?
- Is there a better way of following it up....... Calling UK IV did not helped as they are just giving generic info but not based on application !

Your answers are highly appreciated.

ainidaud
Newly Registered

Post by ainidaud » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:17 am

Hi everyone,

I guess I am also in the same boat as you guys. Can anyone update about their Refund progress? I also spent over 100RM to call the UK Visa centre and it was not helping at all.

sreekanth.adari
Newly Registered

Post by sreekanth.adari » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:32 pm

I applied for refund with out cancelling first, will it automatically cancel. Out of two applications I got Cancellation confirmation email only for one.

Did I did something wrong ?

natalya.hlushchak
Newly Registered

Post by natalya.hlushchak » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:55 pm

I finally got my refund, guess this info can be helpful for you guys.
All my email requests got an answer that the refund can take up to 28 days. When its been more then 28 days after I applied for it, I was asked to provide additional information to escalate my case:

Full name of applicant:
Application number (GWFxxxxxxxxx):
Date of birth of applicant:
Place of application ( City and Country ):
Type of Visa applied:
Nationality:
Passport Number:
Date of application payment:
Date of refund applied:
Reason for the refund:
Refund Amount:
Date of appointment:
Was the appointment attended

...which I did and in few hours received and email saying my case was transferred to appropriate department and I would get my refund in 28 days again. Fortunately, I got it in 4 days after that email.
Good luck to all of you!

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks Very helpful,

In same boat, waiting for refund but when i cancelled appointment, and requested refund, no cancel email or anuything, r u supposed to get confirmation of cancelled request,

3 weeks and waiting, i guess they dont bother until u call n email them lots

gwendoline
Newly Registered

Post by gwendoline » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 am

I am the same.

What email address have you been using to contact them?

awesomeagni
Mood:

Post by awesomeagni » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Mysterious wrote:Thanks Very helpful,

In same boat, waiting for refund but when i cancelled appointment, and requested refund, no cancel email or anuything, r u supposed to get confirmation of cancelled request,

3 weeks and waiting, i guess they dont bother until u call n email them lots
Hi Mysterious,

I too did not receive any email or any notification after cancelling appointment and requesting for refund.

Please do let me know if we have to mail at any particular mail addrress.

Thanks,
Agni

Mysterious

Post by Mysterious » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 am

I haven't got any email address for them but if I did email it would be through that contact form online but they don't even answer properly

amanjain861
India

Post by amanjain861 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi All,

I am on the same boat. It has been more than 30 working days. I have been asking the UK VFS to refund me my application Fees.
Earlier they said wait for 28 working days, yesterday they said send us some info and we will escalate and today they said we can't do anything, go and ask VFS Global and sent me a pdf link.

I think so I have lost all hope to get my money back, UK VFS is one of the worst VISA VFS I have ever seen in my life. Guys, can someone help me what should I do in these circumstances.

passive voice
Newly Registered

Post by passive voice » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Applying from Canada. Trying to request a refund/cancellation through their online form. The form auto-fills today's date for Payment Date (which is incorrect), cannot be edited, and will not let me click through. I've tried on several different browsers, on several different occasions over the course of the past month. Kinda losing it.

lucymae25
Newly Registered

Post by lucymae25 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:33 pm

@
passive voice wrote:Applying from Canada. Trying to request a refund/cancellation through their online form. The form auto-fills today's date for Payment Date (which is incorrect), cannot be edited, and will not let me click through. I've tried on several different browsers, on several different occasions over the course of the past month. Kinda losing it.
Hi there, i am having the same problem with the pre-filled information on the refund request form. Did you end up having any luck with getting a refund??

karpagav
Newly Registered

Post by karpagav » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:06 am

Team, I have found a solution.
I had the same issue and contacted UKVI over online email form. Please use your official email id.
You will receive a reply from donotreply@hgs-ukvi.co.uk

------------ Reply from UKVI---------------
Please check What browsers do you support? The following is a list of
browsers tested to work with the site: Internet Explorer 10, 9 and 8;
Chrome 30 and 29; Firefox 25. If you are not using one of the tested Web
Browsers you may encounter errors when creating your account and
applications.

Installing a specific version of browser is a pain as modern browsers automatically update to latest version.
The best option is use the website - http://www.browserling.com
Choose windows 7 - Internet Explorer - Version - 10
Give URL - http://visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Login and Go to your application - Click View Payment - Request refunds
Date column has issue still so dont worry. Jus type in the reason and click Apply for Refund
The button will change to Processing refunds request

Finally you will get a message - Refund request submitted successfully.

Go back to View My Applications - You will not see View Payment button. This confirms your refund request is submitted. It will take 28 days for visa fees refund and 90 days for IHS refund. So you will have to be patient. If you have not received post deadline then you can fill out and send online email form.

Refund includes your visa fees + IHS fees (automatically refunded back once refund request submitted)
If still a delay fill out and send online email form with your Corporate email id.

Thanks
Vinay

Pretzel1234
Newly Registered

Post by Pretzel1234 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I am too waiting for my IHS refund. My spouses visa got refused on the 05 January & I was told I would get the IHS refund within 90 days & I do not need to do anything to get it. The 90 days passed a day ago no refund. I have tried to contact the but don't know how to. I do not want to contact my bank and do a charge back nor contact my solicitor but it is £725 which is a lot of money. Please help as I am already in financial difficulty and cannot wait any longer. Any help is appreciated I have contacted them via the Gov Uk forum no response!

modipawan8126
Newly Registered

Post by modipawan8126 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:18 am

Hi, i am also facing refund issue with UK VFS. I paid for priority visa service and raise refund request well in advance to my appointment. I raised refund request on 6th April. Today it is more than a month. I haven't receive any email from them for additional info. As per policy, the refund time line is 30 days for email communication + 28 day for processing refund. I have raised multiple queries via email form from here https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com but not getting status or date of refund. I paid using creditcard and now 2nd time bill is about to come. I am paying interest on the amount expected to be refunded. Is there a way to know the status of refund?

This is very pity that in the age of digital world, applicants has to wait for months for the refund from UK GOVT organization. What sort of technology they are working with? Why so much of delay in refund process? This is worst experience of online transaction I have ever made in a decade.

nsneeladrisen
Newly Registered

Post by nsneeladrisen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:04 am

karpagav wrote:Team, I have found a solution.
I had the same issue and contacted UKVI over online email form. Please use your official email id.
You will receive a reply from donotreply@hgs-ukvi.co.uk

------------ Reply from UKVI---------------
Please check What browsers do you support? The following is a list of
browsers tested to work with the site: Internet Explorer 10, 9 and 8;
Chrome 30 and 29; Firefox 25. If you are not using one of the tested Web
Browsers you may encounter errors when creating your account and
applications.

Installing a specific version of browser is a pain as modern browsers automatically update to latest version.
The best option is use the website - http://www.browserling.com
Choose windows 7 - Internet Explorer - Version - 10
Give URL - http://visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Login and Go to your application - Click View Payment - Request refunds
Date column has issue still so dont worry. Jus type in the reason and click Apply for Refund
The button will change to Processing refunds request

Finally you will get a message - Refund request submitted successfully.

Go back to View My Applications - You will not see View Payment button. This confirms your refund request is submitted. It will take 28 days for visa fees refund and 90 days for IHS refund. So you will have to be patient. If you have not received post deadline then you can fill out and send online email form.

Refund includes your visa fees + IHS fees (automatically refunded back once refund request submitted)
If still a delay fill out and send online email form with your Corporate email id.

Thanks
Vinay
@Vinay do you get a mail after you you submit request for refund. I have not received any such mail

aujayeb1
Newly Registered

Post by aujayeb1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 am

yes, i jsut cancelled an application today, and no email.
do the refunds still come without the email?
Thanks
Avi

jiawen9899
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by jiawen9899 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:51 am

Hello friend, I have the same issue as you too... May I know if you have got your refund?

oseph
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by oseph » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi guys, I have been waiting for a few months for my refund and nothing has turned up. I made a mistake on my form so cancelled it, requested a refund and re-did my application. Does anyone have an email address to message? Any help? :(

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:15 am

Hi. Just a little word of advice. ALWAYS pay by credit card for such things and then you're protected. If any problems you can contact your credit card support and ask for chargeback. There are better and worse companies but it works. Good luck.