ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Application Question - Turkish National

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gemerley
Newly Registered

Visit Visa Application Question - Turkish National

Post by gemerley » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:03 am

hello

I am new to the board today, looking for some advice with regards to applying for a visitor visa for my partner to come to UK from Turkey this Autumn.

We have all the required paperwork and meet all of the criteria (hopefully). I only have one small concern that occurred to me last night. My passport which I use to travel is in my maiden name as I never changed it when I got married to my ex husband (not my current partner). All my other paperwork, i.e. wage slips and bank statements are still in my married name as I did not change this back when I got divorced I kept my married name as its my children's name also. I just never changed my passport and continued to travel in my maiden name as I had only had my passport a year when I got married and I would have had to buy a complete new passport, losing the 9 years left on my previous passport to have it in my married name. Anyway, that aside, my concern now is that if my passport name, and bank statements name don't match is this going to be a problem? Or could I explain maybe in the sponsor letter why it is different? Attach a copy of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate for example?

Any advice would be greatly welcomed, I have contacted the British embassy and Turkish embassy but hoped someone may have some experience on here

Regards
Gemma