ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language degree for FLR(M) -

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bond.boy203

English language degree for FLR(M) -

Post by bond.boy203 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 am

Hi,
My wife will be submitting her degree certificate for English language requirement as part of her FLR(M) application. This is currently recognized in the points based calculator however I have a question with regards to the name in degree certificate.

Her last name is abbreviated in the degree certificate as oppose to having full name in the passport. Would that be an issue ?

For exmaple :

name per passport :
First name : JOE
Last Name :BLOGGS

Full name in degree certificate : JOE B

Would this be a problem. has anyone had similar case before and got your approval ?

bond.boy203

Re: English language degree for FLR(M) -

Post by bond.boy203 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Anyone ?

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:59 am

no

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:39 am

@mnaeem
stop giving wrong advise. It was accepted yesterday and visa was approved. I was not asking people for opinion rather their experience or a link which will help. They do accept degree certificate with the above circumstances. The last name can be abbreviated in degree certificate.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Who gave you wrong advice here??

Your question:
Would this be a problem.
The answer you received:
no
And you have just confirmed that the application was approved!!

So why lecture someone else when you could not "comprehend" the simple response!! :roll:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Initially I didn't bother to respond to this but I didn't want someone else to read this thread and start panicking if they have similar situation with their degree certificate hence responded and confirmed. may be I was bit rude( and sorry if I was) but I still think people shouldn't just opine or at least say its an opinion without any source. Or may be I am misinterpreting the answer

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Good that you confirmed .. it is helpful indeed ... because more often than not people don't bother sharing experiences as confirmation of the responses provided earlier to them as accurate (or even pointing out that someone was wrong, if that were so).

It is just that you assumed many things or misinterpreted the response, and responded inappropriately in your opening sentence!!
Well, at least I thought it was outright rude and hence my post above. :(
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 am

@bobdboy203.
It is not forum to provide you professional advice. It is free and to provide guidance on the basis of the comments, views and experiences. If you have to get the professional advice, you have to go the solicitors and pay there. You asked the question "would this be a problem?" and no one even replied you except me saying simply "no" on the basis of the experiences of my the members/friends and you have got the same response from home office. I dont know how to serve the people like you who get the information free of cost and still blame the people who provide you your required infos.