ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Vs. Access to public funds

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kaps84
Member of Standing

NHS for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Vs. Access to public funds

Post by kaps84 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi All,

I have a question, if the tier 1 entrepreneur or his/her dependents use the NHS service, is this OK? I HOPE this is NOT counted as 'access to public funds'. Just to highlight, while using NHS services, one might be prescribed some specific medicines that we may get for free (not all medicines) from various pharmacies. Please post your replies in view of free medicines. Also keep in mind that Tier 1 entrepreneurs and their dependents are paying IHS (immigration health surcharge) while applying for this visa (T1 Ent).

Thanks,
Kaps
-- Kaps84

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NHS for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Vs. Access to public funds

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:04 pm

NHS is NOT public funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:23 pm

However, you do have to pay for your prescriptions issued by the GP for medicines.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Sone meds are free, my partner got something for thyroid problem, was free to everyone without prescription, never caused an issue.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:32 am

Thanks for all the responses, I conclude the discussion by saying that NHS can be availaled by a Tier 1 entrepreneur(s) and their dependents. Free medicines are also OK.
-- Kaps84

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 am

Let me explain you
There is a Prescription charge exemption which details conditions and associated free medicines you can get that from any GP
It includes:
A permanent Fistula
Epilepsy
Dieabetes Mellitus
Myxoedema
Hypoparathyroidism
Hypopituarism
Hypoaderalism
Mysthania Gravis
Continuing Physical Disability etc.
NHS includes Primary Care,secondary Care,Community Care so you can not simply say free NHS now
Everyone without indefinit leave(Out of EEA ) needs Health Surcharge which only at the moment is for secondary Care(Hospitals) Primary Care(GP Surgeries etc) are still free and may be chargeable in future

Regards,