ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed, but want to marry my girlfriend.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Overstayed, but want to marry my girlfriend.

Post by Tito.8457 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:57 am

Hello,
I'm facing a problem. I have been living with an EEA citizen for 9 months and we went to give notice to register office to get married. But, I'm in this country on student visa. But, I haven't been attending my university for last 2 years. Our relationship is genuine. But, our notice has been referred to home office for verification. As I overstayed, what consequences will I face and how can i avoid big penalty specially not to get deported. As we literally can not live without each other. And we are not rich enough to get a solicitor or even not rich enough to come back in case I get deported. What can we do now?
Please suggest me any solution.

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Re: Overstayed, but want to marry my girlfriend.

Post by Tito.8457 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Finally, Last Monday few officers from immigration came to our place. me and my fiance sat separately for an interview. after the interview, they said they are satisfied with what they have seen and our relationship is not fake. I would like to mention that we gave notice to register office for marriage. and we were referred to HO. 3 days after their visit, i received few laters RED.0001 , RED.0003 and IS96. and I was told to report to Becket house. so really want to know what next. any suggerstion???

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Re: IS96 Temporary Admission

Post by Tito.8457 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:15 pm

hello, I received IS96 3 days back. I am engaged with a EU citizen and we went give notice in last may. we were referred to HO, later on they came and held an Interview with us separately. after the interview, they said that they are satisfied. and our marriage decision is still pending. here I would like to mention that I am overstaying since 29/12/2013. I was given RED.0003 form to fill up. and I filled it up stating my ground for why i wish to stay in UK. Now, I am supposed to report to becket house next week. and as only my fiance is working, so we can not afford a lawyer. at this point, I really do not know what to do. any kind advice from anyone experienced would be very helpful for me, for us. thank you for your time.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Tito.8457 wrote:Hello,
I'm facing a problem. I have been living with an EEA citizen for 9 months and we went to give notice to register office to get married. But, I'm in this country on student visa. But, I haven't been attending my university for last 2 years. Our relationship is genuine. But, our notice has been referred to home office for verification. As I overstayed, what consequences will I face and how can i avoid big penalty specially not to get deported. As we literally can not live without each other. And we are not rich enough to get a solicitor or even not rich enough to come back in case I get deported. What can we do now?
Please suggest me any solution.
If you have long-term ambitions to live, to settle, &/or to naturalise in UK you have not really helped your case.

See forum FAQs (in particular Q14A onwards), here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 36725.html

As an alternative, you may wish to explore relocation to your fiance/e's country.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Post by Tito.8457 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:52 pm

@ noajthan, Thank you for your reply. her my fiance is settled here. and we want to stay in UK. what should we do in that case? I understand I overstayed, but my circumstances changed. and I saw they are talking about Judicial Review, is it possible to seek JR without a lawyer? I would appreciate your help.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Tito.8457 wrote:@ noajthan, Thank you for your reply. her my fiance is settled here. and we want to stay in UK. what should we do in that case? I understand I overstayed, but my circumstances changed. and I saw they are talking about Judicial Review, is it possible to seek JR without a lawyer? I would appreciate your help.
Tito,
I have no experience of JR but have heard it's an expensive process & you would surely need expert legal help to make your case.

I have used an immigration lawyer in the past, for my family's case, and they offered an initial, short but free appraisal;
not sure if forum rules permit me posting their details in public, will try to PM you on that.

Have you considered getting married in your fiancee's country?
If you do & then return to UK you will be the family member of an EEA national.

If she is a 'qualified' person (exercising EEA free movement & treaty rights) then you could apply for a residence card and potentially achieve PR in 5 years.

If you are thinking of naturalisation then you still have the UK 'good character' rules (& employment history rules) to contend with, but a 5-year plan for now is surely better than nothing.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:23 pm

noajthan wrote:Have you considered getting married in your fiancee's country?

If she is a 'qualified' person (exercising EEA free movement & treaty rights) then you could apply for a residence card and potentially achieve PR in 5 years.
+1

What is more important - " marrying your girlfriend" or "marrying in the UK"?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Post by Tito.8457 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:05 pm

of course marrying her. but, marrying in estonia (Her home country) is more complicated than marrying in UK. besides I still have to apply for Estonian visa. and I am pretty much sure that is another complicated process.

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Post by Tito.8457 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:18 pm

noajthan wrote:
Tito.8457 wrote:@ noajthan, Thank you for your reply. her my fiance is settled here. and we want to stay in UK. what should we do in that case? I understand I overstayed, but my circumstances changed. and I saw they are talking about Judicial Review, is it possible to seek JR without a lawyer? I would appreciate your help.
Tito,
I have no experience of JR but have heard it's an expensive process & you would surely need expert legal help to make your case.

I have used an immigration lawyer in the past, for my family's case, and they offered an initial, short but free appraisal;
not sure if forum rules permit me posting their details in public, will try to PM you on that.

Have you considered getting married in your fiancee's country?

If you are thinking of naturalisation then you still have the UK 'good character' rules (& employment history rules) to contend with, but a 5-year plan for now is surely better than nothing.

I am not authorised to send or read PM. my gmail username is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, so could you please send me a message?

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Tito.8457 wrote:I am not authorised to send or read PM. ...so could you please send me a message?
Tito,
ah - I think it's something like 10 posts before you can use the forum PM.
Anyway I have just emailed you.

Tito.8457
Newly Registered

Post by Tito.8457 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:17 am

Hello everyone. I am sorry I couldn't keep on updating what is going on with my visa process. Finally, i got married right before Christmas. I have been going to Backet House till this date. I sent my EEA(FM) application right after the ceremony and I have received a letter instructing me to go for a Bio-metric Enrollment to a post office. And I have already done that. I hope I am on right track. Happy new year to you guys and good luck to everyone.

Best wishes
Tanvir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:00 am

Thank you for coming back to update us. Hopefully you will have a good result soon. Let us know the final outcome of your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

domy123
Newly Registered

Post by domy123 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm

hi i will be thankful if u will give me advise because my case is similar like yours so pls if u can then email me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx i will be very thankful to u

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details