ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breaking News: Foreign student must leave UK, No work right

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Breaking News: Foreign student must leave UK, No work ri

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 am

UKCISA has produced a student-friendly summary of the changes:

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/55 ... g-students
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

BriKH
Newly Registered

Post by BriKH » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:12 pm

sah10406 wrote:UKCISA has produced a student-friendly summary of the changes:

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/55 ... g-students
Thanks for that! This helped a lot!

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:35 am

Here is a link if somebody is interested to find out what government is planning to do with all Tier 4 dependant.

My understanding is they will simply limit the work to skilled level and document suggest it may affect student dependants who already have valid visa stamped in the past 12 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33561040

Nebuchadnezzarc
Newly Registered

Post by Nebuchadnezzarc » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi,

I'd like to ask a question regarding Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa.
I'm currently applying for a Tier 4 visa. And I'm going to study at Plymouth university for a four-year degree. What I might do is toward the end of my degree I might attempt to start a new company in UK. However, I'm worried that with the recent changes for students that are planning to stay in the UK, I might be unable to do that because: According to the summarized version of the recent changes on http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/55 ... g-students (Shared by sah10406),
From 12 November 2015, only Tier 4 (General) students who are, or who have last been, sponsored by one of the following institutions can apply from within the UK to stay as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Investor):
a UK recognised body or body in receipt of public funding as a HEI; or overseas HEI if you are undertaking a short-term study-abroad programme in the UK; or an embedded college.
So if I'm not mistaken, that means if I'm sponsored by my parents, I am BTW, then I'm not eligible to apply for a tier 1 and so start up a company in UK, right?
In case that's true, can I atleast try hard to earn a scholarship by my university after a year or so of study and make myself eligible for that visa? Finally, do universities in UK, particularly Plymouth university, grant scholarships to foreign student?

If someone can answer the questions above, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

maxflip50

Post by maxflip50 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:17 am

for test, i tried to extend visa in th UK online application, but it does not give option of tier 4 to apply

but in the ukvi website, it said (from november) will be impossible to extend your visa in the UK

it seems rules are in place already

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:01 pm

Nebuchadnezzarc wrote:So if I'm not mistaken, that means if I'm sponsored by my parents, I am BTW, then I'm not eligible to apply for a tier 1 and so start up a company in UK, right?
No. "Sponsor" in this context has nothing to do with who is funding your studies. It means your university. They are your Tier 4 sponsor.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:02 pm

maxflip50 wrote:it seems rules are in place already
No, they are not. Either it is a technical glitch, or another unrelated problem.

Nebuchadnezzarc
Newly Registered

Post by Nebuchadnezzarc » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:48 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzarc wrote:So if I'm not mistaken, that means if I'm sponsored by my parents, I am BTW, then I'm not eligible to apply for a tier 1 and so start up a company in UK, right?
No. "Sponsor" in this context has nothing to do with who is funding your studies. It means your university. They are your Tier 4 sponsor.
Wow, how the hell did I pass my IELTS reading test... lol. Anyway, does this mean that if my university is a public university with public funding, then I am eligible to apply for tier 1 when I finish my degree?

Thank you very much for your answer by the way.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Nebuchadnezzarc wrote:
sah10406 wrote:
Wow, how the hell did I pass my IELTS reading test... lol. Anyway, does this mean that if my university is a public university with public funding, then I am eligible to apply for tier 1 when I finish my degree?

Thank you very much for your answer by the way.
yes, in short.
and you being a student in the UK your financial sponsor can be your parents but your visa sponsor is who have issued you with a CAS or COS to either work or to study or etc.

t_1505
Newly Registered

Help required in UKVI interview from Pakistan URGENT

Post by t_1505 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi Freinds

I am applying from Pakistan for my Tier 4 visa in University of East London got all clearance from university. Now the big hurdle is the the UKVI interview which now after the new law which was announced on 14th July 2015 things are quite challenging and difficult. Can anyone tell me about any guidance or help regarding my interview. Need to know any tips as my friend also got CAs from University and she failed in the in UKVI interview and visa got refused. I am very worried, please help me

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Help required in UKVI interview from Pakistan URGENT

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:42 am

t_1505 wrote:Now the big hurdle is the the UKVI interview which now after the new law which was announced on 14th July 2015 things are quite challenging and difficult.
Which of the 3 August changes are you concerned about exactly?

t_1505
Newly Registered

Post by t_1505 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:36 am

Credibility interview

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:41 am

t_1505 wrote:Credibility interview
The 3 August changes have no bearing on your credibility interview.

t_1505
Newly Registered

Post by t_1505 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:53 pm

But what they ask in interview? i have heard they are refusing many visa's during this interview from UKVI

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:00 pm

t_1505 wrote:But what they ask in interview? i have heard they are refusing many visa's during this interview from UKVI
This is nothing to do with the July rule changes, please post as separate topic.