ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What can I do?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrash
Newly Registered

What can I do?

Post by mrash » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Came to uk in oct 2010 on student visa, then applied for psw in sept 2011 till sept 2013. Then applied for student visa again in sept 2013 n visa till 25 July 2015. However college was not reliable, didn't get the course that I was enrolled for, for the whole duration in that college was dragged through with endless promises from the college head. The college was suspended in July 2015 And with my visa ending soon, which I was not prepared for, I'm left stranded with no progress letter or ample time to search for proper college or uni.
I can't go back home either as parents are not on good terms with me for living with my partner in 2012. On top of it I was not allowed to work so turned to gambling where I have lost everything and also ended with huge huge debt. Im devastated and lost and depressed, turning to bad vices. I was planning to apply for flro, but don't know how to state my case.
Or can anyone suggest what I can do? Please help thank you.

noajthan

Re: What can I do?

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:32 pm

mrash wrote:Came to uk in oct 2010 on student visa, then applied for psw in sept 2011 till sept 2013. Then applied for student visa again in sept 2013 n visa till 25 July 2015. However college was not reliable, didn't get the course that I was enrolled for, for the whole duration in that college was dragged through with endless promises from the college head. The college was suspended in July 2015 And with my visa ending soon, which I was not prepared for, I'm left stranded with no progress letter or ample time to search for proper college or uni.
I can't go back home either as parents are not on good terms with me for living with my partner in 2012. On top of it I was not allowed to work so turned to gambling where I have lost everything and also ended with huge huge debt. Im devastated and lost and depressed, turning to bad vices. I was planning to apply for flro, but don't know how to state my case.
Or can anyone suggest what I can do? Please help thank you.
This is not an agony column but here goes...

Most regular people have 2 or 3 options at any one time: work (/self-employment), study or marry.
(You sound too young to retire & I'll leave out self-sufficiency).
Only you know yourself - you have to choose your path.

You have been here in UK long enough to know how the land lies with this government's approach to immigration.
If your visa expires they won't be interested in family disputes or bad colleges - and any rash action could prejudice future plans & any future return to UK.

I don't know if your future is in this country or not but you need to get a grip & cut out all the gambling/vices nonsense.
That's for celebrities & footballers.

I'm going on a visit to my wife's country & the in-laws next week; some of my wife's far relatives live on less than $5 a day. So suggest you count your blessings.

One thing is for sure, you need your family.
You won't have them forever so I urge you to reconcile with your parents.

Best of luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Re: What can I do?

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:35 pm

nicely said by the above poster.

moreover on what ground would you apply for FLR? and how would you pay for it for yourself and your dependent.
flr will give you only few more months, and then bye bye, if not then you will become illegal.

you cannot tell the ukvi that you cannot go because you do not have good terms with your parents. it will be like giving them a good laugh. i wonder how much enjoyment would the case workers have when they see cases like yourself with silly reasons of not going back home.

my friend. its never too late, get a grip of yourself, forget what has been done and return back home, reconcile with your parents and life will become better for you instantly.

in your given scenario you do not have a future in the UK, at all.