ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for ILR SET(O) - tier 1 general

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cipher
Newly Registered

Documents required for ILR SET(O) - tier 1 general

Post by cipher » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:21 am

Hello everyone,

I am about to apply for my ILR and I am slightly confused about the documents required as there doesn't seem to be a consensus about what the absolutely necessary required documents are.

A brief summary of my immigration history
  • Entered the UK on Student Visa : Jan 2007
  • Post Study Tier 1 visa : Jul 2008
  • Tier 1 General Visa 1st issued : 30th July 2010
  • Tier 1 General Visa Extension : 21st December 2012
I am 30 years old now. I was 27 when I first received my Tier 1 visa. I have a master's degree which was submitted for my Tier 1 for education points. I am currently employed at a university ( I have been with them since 2008 as a contractor and since 2011 as a permanent employee). My annual salary is over £40,000 but less than £50,000. I am married but I am not applying for a visa for my wife. I am applying for my ILR in person.
  • I am intending to submit the following
  • 12 Payslips covering 01/06/2014 to 31/06/2015
  • Letter from the employer confirming my employment dates as well as my current salary
  • Bank statements showing my wages for the above mentioned period
  • Letter from employer confirming my annual leave (which is less than 120 days collectively within the last 5 years)
  • Letter from myself detailing the absences from the UK when I was employed as a contractor
  • Life in the UK Test results
  • Passport
  • BRP
I also have the following available
  • Bank statements of my savings account overseas showing a balance of 2000 pounds(The amount has not changed in the last year) (this has my name but a different address)
  • P60 for the last year
  • Degree certificate
  • Tenancy Agreement / Council tax letter

Are these documents sufficient? What else would I need?

Additionally, On the form where they ask you for your entry date in to the UK - is the the entry date when I first entered the UK or when I received my first Tier 1 visa?

I would be very grateful for any advice / guidance on this matter.

Regards

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Documents required for ILR SET(O) - tier 1 general

Post by prisat » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 pm

These two are not required. -
Letter from employer confirming my annual leave (which is less than 120 days collectively within the last 5 years)
Letter from myself detailing the absences from the UK when I was employed as a contractor

Entry date in to the UK = Date of your first entry to UK and NOT the VISA Start Date.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

cipher
Newly Registered

Re: Documents required for ILR SET(O) - tier 1 general

Post by cipher » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 am

Thank you indianinworld.

Appreciate the advice!