ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Investment(200K) in Steps

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kashif_mughal
Newly Registered

URGENT: Investment(200K) in Steps

Post by kashif_mughal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi

I am new to this forum and I really appreciate the efforts been put on this forum to share the valuable info to help newcomers.

My Question is regarding the investment of the 200K funds;

Can I invest this money in 3 Steps within 3 Years before the extension Time. For example If I get entry clearance into UK on Feb 2012 and invest 75K within 6 months and 75K year after from the date of first investment and 50K three months before the extension date, would it be acceptable by Home office ?

OR

I must invest full amount of 200K in one go within 6 months of the entry clearance ?

I would appreciate the early reply and thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Kashif.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 pm

You can invest the money in stages at any time prior to extending. The six month threshold is with regard to registration of the business.

kashif_mughal
Newly Registered

Post by kashif_mughal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Please don't be offended but how it can be confirmed that it would be acceptable by home office, Have you had any experience yourself in the recent past where someone has done this

OR

if there is any document that has got any info on this sort of stages break down, I am afraid its not in guidance notes If I have not missed it.

Thanks again and please don't take me wrong just want to get things more authentic, I hope you understand

Kind regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 pm

It's in the policy guidance. The full amount has to be invested at the time you extend. It does not elaborate (how often and how much) because it does not need to tell you how to run your business; that's up to you as long as it's all done by the time you extend.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

kashif_mughal
Newly Registered

Post by kashif_mughal » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks again, Infect I got confused by one of the Home office help line adviser that this money should be invested in full and one go within Six months of the entry clearance. My initial understanding was same as you advised and I agree with you after double checking the notes.

Just wondering if you suggest any authentic/experienced consultant who can take up the case and help me preparing all the documents.

Kind regards,
Kashif.

ItsAWonderfulLife
Newly Registered

Post by ItsAWonderfulLife » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:15 am

hi there

if the phased investment is possible, it will also require a 2 job creation requirement at the point of extension correct?

thanks

cynthia
Lucapooka wrote:You can invest the money in stages at any time prior to extending. The six month threshold is with regard to registration of the business.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Yes. Please refer yourself to paragraph 37 and Table 5 of appendix A of the immigration rules.

jafersadeq

Re: URGENT: Investment(200K) in Steps

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Dear Members,
Reference to Lucapooka's comment "Please refer yourself to paragraph 37 and Table 5 of appendix A of the immigration rules."
I have a question,
I transferred the 200K to my business account, I have many profits about 135K, all expenses I spent are almost 110K,
Please explain the item 1 in the table 5 of appendix A ?
Should I spent the 200K or no specified amount in the 3 years?
Best Regards,
Jafer

ecaLegal
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT: Investment(200K) in Steps

Post by ecaLegal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:35 am

jafersadeq wrote:Dear Members,
Reference to Lucapooka's comment "Please refer yourself to paragraph 37 and Table 5 of appendix A of the immigration rules."
I have a question,
I transferred the 200K to my business account, I have many profits about 135K, all expenses I spent are almost 110K,
Please explain the item 1 in the table 5 of appendix A ?
Should I spent the 200K or no specified amount in the 3 years?
Best Regards,
Jafer
In this case, if the business is clearly actively trading, making profits, employing staff etc, then you would probably be ok without spending all the investment. If you are planning any major expenditure in the near future by the business, it makes sense to do it before your extension though! If you don't spend all the investment funds, at the very least make sure that your evidence makes it very very clear that the funds remain available to the business.