ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2G to T1E to become a director of the sponsor company

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

T2G to T1E to become a director of the sponsor company

Post by Sandeep0041 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi Immigration Gurus,

I have a strange situation here.

I'm currently under a Tier 2 General Visa. It's a 2 person startup (just the founder- British National) and myself(Indian) under Tier 2 General Visa. I knew the founder for a few months now and I wanted to work with him before I decide if we'd like to work together as cofounders.

We both recently agreed to work as cofounders and also have a few potential investors willing to invest in us(upto 250K).

I would like to apply for T1 E visa and here's additional information.

1. I do not own any shares in the company. I'm planning to quit my job and the founder will withdraw my COS. As soon as he withdraws the COS, I will become a legal director in the (same) company and own upto 45% pre-investment.
2. We have secured upto 250K funds. Raise the funds and get that transferred to the company account and apply for an Entrepreneur visa.

I have the following questions.
1. Would UKBA find this as a complex application and could potentially decline issuing me a VISA?
2. Is it better if I go to India and apply for a T1 E from India?

I'll be extremely grateful if anyone can explain if there are any potential issues that I'm not aware of.

P.S: It's a genuine business. We have generated a ton of PR. Recently got funding proposals from FCA regulated VC's.