ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business & Employee insurance for Tier 1 Enterprenuer

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irana2015

Business & Employee insurance for Tier 1 Enterprenuer

Post by irana2015 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Dear All,

I am on Tier 1 ent 50k route and my extension is due in April,2016. Can anyone please advise if the business must have Business & Employee insurance at the time of extension or is it not mandatory. I am aware if you are running a business and having 2 employee then it should be insured as per the business requirements and to be on a safe side.

Do you reckon I should buy one before I apply for extension?

Best Regards,
IR

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Re: Business & Employee insurance for Tier 1 Enterprenuer

Post by nasiaziz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi
Yes thats a compulsary thing and you should have it all the time you are running the business and employing people..

irana2015

Eidence of Investment funds in the business

Post by irana2015 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

Can any Gurus PLEASE advise related to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension application form. When you go to the form its says in the extension attributes section 3c to fill in the table to provide the details related to the Evidence of Investment funds in the business e.g Company name and reg, date of investment, audited nd unaudited account details.

My question is that, Are we going to give them all the details related to the transactions in the table e.g 7k to furniture to the furniture company , 8k to computer pcs for office use and 2k on marketing stuff like that.

Please advise as I may be getting confused by this table in the application form.

Manu Thanks
IR

ecaLegal
Newly Registered

Re: Eidence of Investment funds in the business

Post by ecaLegal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:18 am

irana2015 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Can any Gurus PLEASE advise related to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension application form. When you go to the form its says in the extension attributes section 3c to fill in the table to provide the details related to the Evidence of Investment funds in the business e.g Company name and reg, date of investment, audited nd unaudited account details.

My question is that, Are we going to give them all the details related to the transactions in the table e.g 7k to furniture to the furniture company , 8k to computer pcs for office use and 2k on marketing stuff like that.

Please advise as I may be getting confused by this table in the application form.

Manu Thanks
IR
Your accounts statement from a chartered accountant should detail and summarise the spending your business has made. A good accountant can also add to the accounts statement, or provide evidence in another statement, of how much the company owes you in the director's loan (ie, how much you have personally invested), together with the amount the company has spent on establishing and running the business excluding director's remuneration.

The unaudited accounts ( I am presuming your business is not big enough to require audited accounts) will probably include the categories of spending as standard, but this not what the table in the form is asking you for.

The table is actually asking for the amounts you have invested into the business, rather than the spending of these funds by the business. If you put all the investment funds into the business account in one transaction, this is simple, you can just enter the date and amount of that transaction. If you put the funds into the business in a series of multiple transactions over a long period of time, you could always compile a list of all transactions and dates and add as a separate page. Previous clients of mine have simply entered the total for each accounting year, with the date as the end date of the accounting year, and that has been fine.

Does that help?

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks ECA.

For more understanding, we are only filling the transaction details which we did from the personal to the business account which were purely transferred for investment purposes. So this also means we do not need to add the transaction details in the visa application form which paid from business account to other companies from where we bought computers equip, furniture, webhosting and software for us.

Thanks & Regards,
IR

csmlv
Newly Registered

Post by csmlv » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Thought provoking, dint know business and employee insurance was mandatory.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Yes that's why I got business insurance today which is 320£ per annum as its already too late.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 pm

which insurance did you buy ?

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:52 pm

I have added the following:

Professional Indemnity
Employers' Liability
Office equipment
Portable equipment

Regards
IR

irana2015

3 years business accounts - Gurus help required please

Post by irana2015 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi all,

As per tier 1 entrepreneur extension we are required to provide three years business un-audited accounts. Can you please advise if we going to provide the accounts after the month we got the visa or do we need to start when i applied and transferred 50k in my personal account. I have invested money after couple of months later when i got visa.

I have got visa in May,2013 so i moved from self employed ltd. company on 18 june,2013. Before i was working self employed as i showed few transactions when i applied for visa.

My accountant made 1st year accounts which is covering 30th june,2013 to 30th June, 2014 and then next account will be made for 30th June 2014 to 30th June 2015 and 3rd year will be from 30th june,2015 to mid of may 2015 (about 11 months). so all together they are 2 years and 11 month. How can i show this 1 month which is may-2013 before i got this visa.

Any advise please as i submitted a normal self employed tax return covering Apr-2012-April,2013 so confusion is where this may-2013 month can be adjusted? my accountant advised to check with any good lawyer who can advise us how to cover this month?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,
IR

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Topic merged.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

irana2015

Re: Gurus help required (3- years company accounts for exten

Post by irana2015 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Dear Gurus,

Can someone please clear this confusion.

I have applied Tier 1 entrepreneur 50K route visa on Jan,2013 and got my visa in April,2013 and before i got this visa i invested around 15-20k in Feb and march 2013 but visa received on 23rd April.

The question is:

Will UKBA only accept the investment after the month when i got my visa in month of April,2013 or the investment couple of month before i got visa are acceptable as well. What if i show the previous accounts before april,2013 where i did invest around 15-20k. Is this acceptable ?

Please advise?

Best Regards,
IR