ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disgraceful Australia Paying People smuggler

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Disgraceful Australia Paying People smuggler

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:30 pm

It appears that the Australian Government has gone all time low, in paying people smuggler, to return refugee, whiles arguing that they are saving lives and seeking to stop the people smuggling business.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-33110575
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Re: Disgraceful Australia Paying People smuggler

Post by aussiegoin4it » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:13 pm

While I respect the right to your own opinion, I'm worried that you might be using your moderator position to make derogatory political statements that may be highly offensive to nationals of Australia in a forum about travel to Australia.

I see that you're based in the UK. I'm actually an Australian national that is following the law applying for naturalisation in the UK - along with the fees, processes, and procedures that requires. I've never overstayed a visa or entered the country illegally.

I hope that these forums best serve those seeking assistance on legal non-criminal means of entry to foreign countries. Can we please keep it this way?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Well my duty is to inform.

If the Australian government is paying people smuggler to refoul refugee, which is a breach of its international obligations, then it is my duty to inform forum members.

I have done nothing wrong.

From where I am sitting the only people who are criminal and violating international law are the Australian Government.

Being a good aussie as you are, I believe you are better of spending your time imploring your government to refrain from those practices, than criticising me.

I am not abusing my privileges at all . All I am doing is informing our members about world event.

Then again , perhaps it is not of concern to you that your government is engaging in these illicit practices.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 pm

There's a world of difference between informing, and putting across your own judgemental opinion.

Further your strength of opinion is directed to a country that isn't your own; with the strength that moderator privileges carry. I think that is worrying - and potentially bullying. I'm concerned that this thread may be promoting illegal immigration.

I ask you to reconsider the need for this thread. And reconsider the need to demand that I, as an Australian citizen, should take action against my own government for protecting law-abiding Australians' interests.

Once again - I believe this forum should be for those seeking information on advice for lawful entry to foreign countries. Not promoting illegal entry to foreign nations.

I encourage you to post your strong feelings to a social forum like Reddit - where you can find others who may support your personal opinions. You clearly have views you feel the need to express - and forums like Reddit cater for this very kind of thread.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Well my view are perfectly within the acceptable norms of the forum. I must say, if you feel strongly about my expression of disgust and dismay of people being paid to return people back to Indonesia in faulty boat and at a risk to their lives, then you are the one with the issues, and need to reconsider your conscience .

As members of the human race, we are required to have some degree of basic human empathy and decency, and moral compass, something that is lacking in the Australian government .

Just like as moderators and member of the forum we are free to moderate the forums, so are we free to report on any immigration matter. I believe refoul of refugees and exposing violation of UN charter on protection refugee and maritime conduct. I feel I am well within bounds.

I believe any decent Australian will support this basic principles , and not try and surprise it.

I don't think I am violating any rules. If I were , I would have known..

I am sure you are perfectly aware of what to do , if the views I expressed or informed the forum on , upsets you.

They are facts and not offensive to anyone.

Forum members are allowed to express views provided they don't offend any members.

My views does not appear to offend anyone.

I was simply conveying the conduct of the Australian Government to the international laws they signed up to.

Many Australians are decent people . I have no problems with them.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:22 am

Well my view are perfectly within the acceptable norms of the forum.
No, they are not. They are dearly beloved and promote illegal activity. This is a forum to assist legal immigration. Your post has no relevance to this forum let alone this particular board about legal immigration to Australia.
As members of the human race, we are required to have some degree of basic human empathy and decency, and moral compass, something that is lacking in the Australian government.
You are making an extremist statement that attempts to paint a particular government with immorality. No government is perfect - look at Europe and its wilful ignorance of suffering people in Africa. Look at America completely unwilling to deal with atrocities in Syria. Each government has a duty to look after its people - and a government that promotes illegal immigration is not looking after the people it has a duty to serve.
Just like as moderators and member of the forum we are free to moderate the forums, so are we free to report on any immigration matter.
A higher standard is expected of you as a moderator. Your job is to moderate a board to ensure posts are kept within the spirit and theme of the board in question. Here you failed your role as moderator. You posted a personal negative opinion about a government that was doing its duty to protect its citizenry. This is not a board for promoting illegal immigration. You did not come into this board to help but to attack - without any justification whatsoever.
I believe any decent Australian will support this basic principles , and not try and surprise it.
I am an Australian and I support a government that seeks to deal with and control illegal immigration. Whilst Europe does turn a blind eye to such illegal activity I do not condone it - yet that it up to each country to deal with as they see fit.

Of course it is important to ensure that legal immigrants are dealt with fairly. One does not want to see promotion of illegal behaviours over legal behaviours unless they want to see a complete breakdown of the rule of law within society.

Finally causes of illegal immigration must be considered - if warlords or terrorism is occurring in other nations then the solution is not dealing with the symptoms. A very real discussion needs to be had about military intervention, and a rebuilding of a foreign society, in order to reduce global threats.
They are facts and not offensive to anyone.
What you've written really offends me, actually.
My views does not appear to offend anyone.
You keep saying this without any regard to truth.
Many Australians are decent people . I have no problems with them.
Clearly you have a problem with me and with many other Australians who wish to promote legal immigration - but have no tolerance for people who flout the rules to gain an unfair advantage.

Please - can you do what moderators do - and assist people. Take your offensive highly political pro-criminal views and post them on social media forums designed for inflammatory conversation - such as http://www.reddit.com/ - and leave this site to the very real assistance for people on matters of legal migration.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:16 am

I support Obie's view that Australia is in violation of the UN charter on protection refugee and maritime conduct, which isn't about supporting illegal immigration. Europe hasn't turned a 'blind eye' to illegal immigrants but has obeyed the UN charter, albeit reluctantly. The British Navy (amongst others) have been involved in saving migrants from sinking boats as a humanitarian and compassionate act. Any country which pays illegal people traffickers to send the migrants back out to sea, in the knowledge that they have virtually zero percent of surviving is not only in contravention of the UN charter but has hundreds, if not thousands of deaths on its' hands, including the loss of life of innocent children. A solution would be to stop the traffickers, not reward them with a payment for a 'return journey' where they will almost certainly abandon their human 'cargo' to perish.
You are I notice, new to the forum. If you stay, you will read many threads of open discussion, some you will agree with, some you won't. Obie has a right to inform the forum on world-wide immigration issues. History shows that tragedies have taken place and continued, due to the restriction of free speech.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aspirantmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by aspirantmigrant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Wow, reading the article i have no two thoughts about what this whole facade is about, it is very clear when the "Australian Navy" pays out money to human traffickers to take people back to their miserable homes, they don't want to deal with immigration and the asylum laws to begin with. I completely share the views of the original poster based on this article and may i point out that he nowhere says that this is a dearly beloved issue as the Australian commentator on this thread is trying to impose a scrutinizing banner on the post and to reinforce his argument - as an independent reader who has nothing to do with Australia or the Australian people, i find this Australian 'attitude' as 'inhumane'. And that is the most delicately i can put it.

It makes me remember of the not so distant past where the Bangladeshi PM, was questioned over why their border security forces were turning away people from Assaam who were being tortured in their country and needed to flee as refugees. She said - "we're not doing it and even if we were, it's not our problem!"

If we can't look past borders for the good of humanity, we're no good as humans beings.

aspirantmigrant
Newly Registered

Post by aspirantmigrant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:37 pm

And just on the subject of beloved, that the Australian commentator falsely accused the poster of alleging the article to point out, i would urge you to explore the internet about what beloved really is, which are the governments and groups of people who actually wanted to make it legislation for crying out loud and then just search what was "White Australia Policy". I'm glad that Australia of today is not of the 1950's but there's still a long way to go for that country.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:33 pm

aspirantmigrant wrote:And just on the subject of beloved, that the Australian commentator falsely accused the poster of alleging the article to point out, i would urge you to explore the internet about what beloved really is, which are the governments and groups of people who actually wanted to make it legislation for crying out loud and then just search what was "White Australia Policy". I'm glad that Australia of today is not of the 1950's but there's still a long way to go for that country.
Second that, they're a very dearly beloved nation. They have absolutely no apathy for refugees.

Siraj ud-Daulah

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Obie wrote:It appears that the Australian Government has gone all time low, in paying people smuggler, to return refugee, whiles arguing that they are saving lives and seeking to stop the people smuggling business.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-33110575
Bravo Deuutschland indeed, I'm thinking of learning full blown German now, always loved their accents.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Good luck.