ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Overstayed Student Now in Ireland for Asylum

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UKOverstay
Newly Registered

UK Overstayed Student Now in Ireland for Asylum

Post by UKOverstay » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:24 pm

I born & grew up in Saudi Arabia to a Pakistani parents. Came UK for Engineering degree on 4 year student Visa. I finished my 3 years degree and then joined Masters Program as I had one year student visa left.BUT I failed to report Home office about my new University so my student visa was revoked. I sent my passport to Home office but I was denied student visa and ask to leave the country without returning my passport. I cant go to my Family in Saudi Arabia as my Saudi residency cant be renewed.

I left UK but arrived but I arrived in Dublin so that I can apply for Asylum. Please advise How can I do this?

Q 1) Do I have to wait for 6 months here to apply asylum?
Q 2) Do I have to mention my UK immigration history when applying for asylum in Ireland?

Obie
Ireland

Re: UK Overstayed Student Now in Ireland for Asylum

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:21 pm

under the Dublin 2 agreement, they may be aware that you moved from UK, and you could find yourself being returned back to the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

UKOverstay
Newly Registered

Post by UKOverstay » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Obie wrote:under the Dublin 2 agreement, they may be aware that you moved from UK, and you could find yourself being returned back to the UK.

I m little skeptical about your comments above because it seems UK is not signatory to this Dublin II or Dublin III agreement.It is between European Union.....

.....can anyone confirm this please?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:21 am

UKOverstay wrote:
Obie wrote:under the Dublin 2 agreement, they may be aware that you moved from UK, and you could find yourself being returned back to the UK.
I m little skeptical about your comments above because it seems UK is not signatory to this Dublin II or Dublin III agreement.It is between European Union.....

.....can anyone confirm this please?
The UK is a signatory to the Dublin regulations. I'm sure you know that the UK is a part of the EU (not limited to the Schengen area at all).

"The Dublin Regulation applies in the following countries Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom."
http://www.w2eu.info/dublin2.en/article ... n2.en.html

Due to the rules under the Dublin regulation, you should probably apply for asylum in the UK as you are normally meant to apply for asylum in the first country you enter. As Obie says above, it is likely that the ROI will return you to the UK to apply for asylum there.