ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused due to tax mismatch in previous FLR applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sri2015
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Refused *** Please Help***

Post by sri2015 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:43 am

Hi sbhpbm,

Does you friend paid less tax that what he needs to earn the points.
EG: he needs to earn 35K, but he declared £39,000 in the tier1 extension and he paid less tax but it coved £35K it should be ok.

please send me the amount your friend declared to home office and paid less tax?

I have a fried whoc also had same situation if you say the correct smount i can give you some advice from my frieds case

sri2015
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Refused due to tax mismatch in previous FLR applicat

Post by sri2015 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 am

Hi sbhpbm, Does you friend paid less tax than what he needs to earn the points. EG: he needs to earn 35K, but he declared £39,000 in the tier1 extension and he paid less tax but it coved more than £35K.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:52 pm

I think he is not following this thread anymore.

Tina0311
Newly Registered

Post by Tina0311 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Please help

I have submitted for ILR SET (0) beginning of October 15 via post.
A friend of mine went for PRO last week with the same visa and requested by the case worker to provide evidence from HMRC that he paid all taxes for all 5 years he stayed in UK. The problem is during extention application the tax submitted to HO and HMRC didn't match.
My case also have the same issue, though haven't got an enquiry yet as I applied via post.
1. Did anyone experienced this? How did you responded? Please share your advice?
2. Did anyone get an enquiry by post for tax mismatch?
3.Can HO check HMRC without out your consent?

Please help?

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm

1. Did anyone experienced this? How did you responded? Please share your advice?
I ensured my tax declared to UKVI and HMRC match. If your income shown to UKVI and HMRC don't match get it MATCHED through a good qualified Accountant BUT this will not be sure shot cure.
2. Did anyone get an enquiry by post for tax mismatch?
Go thru this website you will find lot of people who have shown higher incomes than shown losses to ensure that they don't have to pay tax and they try to blame accountant.
3.Can HO check HMRC without out your consent?
yes why not.Please read the declaration under section 13 I suppose....

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Section 13 of ILR declaration part by applicant

Tina0311
Newly Registered

Post by Tina0311 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks, but if I understood it correctly section 13 declaration only gives UKBI right to verify the documents you submitted only. It doesn't give right to request information on your behalf. Eg-They can verify the bank statement you provided with the bank for being genuine. But they can't request additional statement on your behalf.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Read the declaration again ..... and concentrate on rectifying your tax issues .. rather than worrying today about what HO is allowed or not allowed to access.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks, but if I understood it correctly section 13 declaration only gives UKBI right to verify the documents you submitted only. It doesn't give right to request information on your behalf. Eg-They can verify the bank statement you provided with the bank for being genuine. But they can't request additional statement on your behalf.

I think I have to explain you the meaning of VERIFICATION of document submitted.

If you submit bank statement to HO and HO want to VERIFY the documents then they would call the BANK directly for verification of entries on statement.This process is called VERIFICATION

SO if HO wants to verify the TAX declared on ILR form with TAX liability, they would definitely call the HMRC because you ILR application is solely depend on your income.....

For integrity of immigration system they can access any record from any goverment department

Hope you understand now....

Susu15
Newly Registered

Post by Susu15 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I need your peresonal experience or professional help...

A week ago I applied ILR perimium service and the case worker asked me to provide SA302 with in 14 days. When I applied for visa extension in 2013, I claimed a point for earning by combined employement and self employment income.When I checked my self employment return for 2013/2014, I found that I had paid less tax compared to Profit I claimed point in 2013....it is an error. I presume HO want to verify the two and I have amended my tax return for 2013/14 on line but still the amendment is not updated in HMRC data base and I am running out of time. I would be very great full if there is any one can help?
1. Do any one know how long it takes HMRC to update tax amendement?
2. HMRC told me as I can print SA302 but HO clearly asked Original HMRC...if I will not get the revised SA302...do I need to send the online print out to HO or send a letter to HO to give me more time? Not sure whether HO will accept additional time request?
3. Do I need to tell HO as I amended my tax return and waiting SA302?
4.when I receive SA302 will it show that the return has been amended?