ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on maintenance funds needed, please help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NateCassidy
Newly Registered

Confusion on maintenance funds needed, please help

Post by NateCassidy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Hello all, let me explain my situation, I have been granted my current leave Tier 4 (General) student visa in 2012 and it's expiring at the end of September, unfortunately my course didn't go so well this year and I couldn't carry on due to the university policy and I was required to change to a new course but still at the same university. The new course starts this September and I'm currently preparing for my visa application. At first my university told me I only needed 2months of maintenance funds but now they say I need 9months, I've read Appendix C on what counts as an established presence but I'm still a little bit confused. So do you guys think I need 2months or 9months?

Thank you very much

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Confusion on maintenance funds needed, please help

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:38 pm

9 months. You don't meet any of the three scenarios for established presence.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

NateCassidy
Newly Registered

Re: Confusion on maintenance funds needed, please help

Post by NateCassidy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:44 pm

sah10406 wrote:9 months. You don't meet any of the three scenarios for established presence.
I thought so thank you