ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Automatic deportation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monganr
Newly Registered

Automatic deportation

Post by Monganr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:10 am

Hello, I hope someone can help me with some advice.

My partner is from Portugual and has been in the UK since 2005. Last year we went through a bad patch and we split up and he started drinking and ended up doing something very out of character and ended up in Prison for 2 years.

I have been reading about Automatic deportation and am wondering whether this is definitely going to happen. His solicitor seems to not have much information regarding this matter and no legal aid is available.

He is very depressed in prison and me and his family are very concerned about his health whilst in there, as he is finding it very hard! I was so looking forward to him coming home in February so that we could put this mess behind us and carry on to live the rest of our lives together . I am totally devastated and heartbroken.

Can anyone please give me some answers regarding the process And what is going to happen and also if there is anything I can be doing to help him. I was planning on marrying him when he gets out and we were going to have a baby as we already lost one baby and we are totally in love with each other. He thinks he will be out in February as nothing has been mentioned regarding him being deported and I am scared to tell him as I'm worried that he won't be able to take this news and will end up doing something silly .

Sorry to bother you but I am totally lost at to what to do.

Many thanks x

noajthan

Re: Automatic deportation

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:22 am

Monganr wrote:Hello, I hope someone can help me with some advice.

My partner is from Portugual and has been in the UK since 2005. Last year we went through a bad patch and we split up and he started drinking and ended up doing something very out of character and ended up in Prison for 2 years.

I have been reading about Automatic deportation and am wondering whether this is definitely going to happen. His solicitor seems to not have much information regarding this matter and no legal aid is available.

Can anyone please give me some answers regarding the process And what is going to happen and also if there is anything I can be doing to help him. I was planning on marrying him when he gets out and we were going to have a baby as we already lost one baby and we are totally in love with each other. He thinks he will be out in February as nothing has been mentioned regarding him being deported and I am scared to tell him as I'm worried that he won't be able to take this news and will end up doing something silly .

Sorry to bother you but I am totally lost at to what to do.

Many thanks x
There may be some hope...
It seems EEA nationals have some degree of protection;
as does anyone with mental health issues
&/or any family ties in UK
&/or (possibly :?:) anyone based in UK for over 5 years

See http://www.immigrationbarrister.co.uk/d ... he-uk.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Monganr
Newly Registered

Post by Monganr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:26 am

Thankyou for your reply.

I am truly hoping for a miracle

Monganr
Newly Registered

Post by Monganr » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Does anyone have any personal experience regarding this ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:30 pm

How long has he been in the UK for, and what was he jailed for?

Automatic Deportation under Section 32 of the UkBA Act 2007 is not applicable to EEA National.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Monganr
Newly Registered

Post by Monganr » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:26 pm

He has been in the UK perm since 2006 and has been jailed for Possession of an imitation firearm with intent to generate fear or violence