ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Tier 1 and Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sifanaeem

ILR via Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post by sifanaeem » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if a similar query has been answered else where in the forum.

I've been in UK since Sept 2007, initially on a Student Visa then PSW and then I switched to Tier 1 General on 5th April 2011.

To achieve the required £40,000 pay scale I had to show self employment income apart from my Salaried income (these incomes were while I was on PSW)

In April 2012 I switched jobs and in Oct 2012 I switched to Tier 2 General and then extended it again in Nov 2014, which expires in Nov 2017.

If I'm not mistaken I'm eligible for ILR on 8th March 2016.

But the here are the problems I have:

1. Previous employer no longer exist, so can't get letters for Absences from the UK and Salary.
2. Travelled abroad for work with this previous employer, so can't get a letter for that either.
3. After switching to Tier 1 General in April 2011 I stopped self employment work and my income was under £40,000. is that ok?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies on the matter.

Thanks,
Sifan

sifanaeem

Re: ILR via Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post by sifanaeem » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Help anyone?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:42 pm

1. You cannot provide what you don't have and cannot get. So, explaining your situation (inability to arrange for letter from previous employer(s) to certify your absences from the UK) in a cover letter may help.
2. Same as above.
3. No problem.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:27 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. You cannot provide what you don't have and cannot get. So, explaining your situation (inability to arrange for letter from previous employer(s) to certify your absences from the UK) in a cover letter may help.
2. Same as above.
3. No problem.
Thanks for your kind reply sushdmehta. I'm a bit confused with one of the questions in Set O.

12P I have ticked Tier 1 G as the first year of my 5 years was under Tier 1 G and the rest of the 4 years was under Tier 2 G. So that takes me to 12L which directs me to fill 9A.

But in 9A I have to calculate points for Salary and everything else for Tier 1 G, is that necessary? Won't simply producing a p60 to say I was economically active be enough? (as my main criteria is Tier 2 G)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sifan