ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pbsdepend
Newly Registered

PBS dependent to ILR

Post by pbsdepend » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi,

I entered the UK on a Tier 1 dependent visa in June 2012. I extended my Tier 1 dependent visa in May 2014 (valid till May 2017) since I hadnt completed 2 years in the UK with my husband I couldnt apply for ILR with him. My husband got his ILR and now is also naturalised as a British citizen (as of last week).

1. I wanted to confirm that I can still apply for ILR through the 2-year route using set(o) since I have continued as a PBS dependent?
2. Did any of the rules regarding this 2-year route change in April 2015?
3. What are maintenance requirements that need to be shown with the SET (o) form for a PBS dependent?

Many thanks.

pbsdepend
Newly Registered

Re: PBS dependent to ILR

Post by pbsdepend » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Also my husband hasnt applied for a british passport yet. Is the naturlisation certificate enough

Is it alright if I apply for ILR using his naturalisation certificate as proof of citizenship?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:57 pm

1. Q12
2. 319E(d).
3. Q21
4. Does the form ask for your husband's British passport (or for that matter, the naturalisation certificate)?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pbsdepend
Newly Registered

Post by pbsdepend » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for your help.

pbsdepend
Newly Registered

Post by pbsdepend » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi,

I have my appointment in 2 days and have a few more questions I am unsure about. I tried looking through the topics but couldnt find satisfactory answers.

Q 5.1: Home in the UK is jointly owned by me and my spouse so I presume I tick other and and then state that is the case?

Q 5.6: I am not working but currently a student on a PhD studentship stipend which I get Quaterly. It also varies slightly every year due to inflation but this is not reflected in my letter from the university which gives an approximate annual stipend amount. Does it matter if there is a 200£ - 300£ difference in the scholarship letter and the money coming into my bank account quaterly? Are they fussy about things like that? I have sufficient money in my account.
Also, my stipend does not cover the entire mortgage amount I have entered in Q 5.2 since my spouse pays the mortgage. So do I need to now include his salary as an income source? and do I need his pay slips and bank statements? I have his pay slips but not sure if we will get his bank statements in time. Also in addition to monthly salary he gets the occasional bonus every 2-4 months depending on performance. Is that entered as a separate income source and can it be approximate? Since it differs, it is difficult to enter a monthly or annual amount precisely.

I still dont get if I need to submit any cohab documentation? We have our joint mortgage document but that is only recent. It doesn't ask about my spouse anywhere on the set (o) form so I dont want to confuse matters by providing a lot of unnecessary documentation.

Thanks for your help!