ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUICK PRTB Letter Update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nahmed

QUICK PRTB Letter Update

Post by nahmed » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi guys,

Just to add something from my recent experience obtaining PRTB Letter. It took us just 1 working day to receive the letters in the post as compared to 3-5 weeks time from what I had read before from the forum. The difference I suppose is between paper & online application. If you/landlord apply online and complete all the application process online including payment, then the letters are in the post the same day or the following (if after working hours) and gets to you the next working day.

Another thing is that PPS numbers are not compulsory to obtain the letter as opposed to what I read/heard before. There is a dropdown menu where you select/checkbox no pps and the application just goes through without it. Its beneficial for EU citizens who have PPS number but their non-eu dependents don't. The same PPS letter can then be used as proof of address with banks like AIB to open their bank accounts. The only PPS which is must is the landlord's. So get your landlords to apply prtb online if you are in a hurry to receive it or just do it together or yourself if he lets you have his pps number.

I thought to update the forum with y experience. May help some one who are still starting the process.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: QUICK PRTB Letter Update

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Great tip @nahmed

Ramayan
Newly Registered

Re: QUICK PRTB Letter Update

Post by Ramayan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Yeah great tip. Thank you.