ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born child after primary settled

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanjaywakhare

UK born child after primary settled

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Hello,
Can someone please advise on the below situation?
I had my tier 1 extension in 2013 for myself (primary) , wife and uk born child which is valid until 2016 for all 3 of us.

In 2015 June, I was eligible for ILR under 5 year rule and applied for self and wife. I am planning to apply my childs naturalisation via MN1 route in February 2016.

So now myself and my wife both settled with uk born child still on pbs dependant valid until 2016.

My question is can I travel outside UK with my child in Dec 2015 and enter again? Will this cause any problem to my childs entry. Is my childs pbs dependant still valid or has become void after my successful settlement.

I had my first tier 1 application in 2010. Please advise. Many thanks.

vinny

Re: UK born child after primary settled

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:28 am

There shouldn't be a problem. However, why don't you register him now?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 am

vinny wrote:There shouldn't be a problem. However, why don't you register him now?

Thanks Vinny. That's a good thing hear. Someone had told me that after my settlement PBS dependent for a UK born child automatically gets void. Haven't heard of any such rule myself but thought of confirming it here. Thanks a lot.

I have a planned visit to India in Dec 2015 and with the given timelines of MN1 applications I thought I will apply MN1 only after my return. If I apply now and say get a approval I will have to apply for UK passport (I presume there is a timeframe within which I need to apply for passport). Once I do that I'll have to apply for OCI without which my child cannot travel to India. There's not enough time for all this processes.

Could this be the way? If I go for NCS, apply MN1 ,keep all my originals with me and fly to India? I am planning about 1.5 to 2 months time in India. If I receive any communication from UKBA on biometric or any correspondence on my UK address how much time do I have to respond? Do I have enough time to respond after coming back form India?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:56 pm

IIRC, you have 14 days to enroll biometrics.
Applying for a British passport is a choice. There are many British citizens who have never applied for a passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!