ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E visa cancelled due to TOEIC

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atmone
- thin ice -

T1E visa cancelled due to TOEIC

Post by atmone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:28 am

Hi Everyone,

My T1E was cancelled last December when I travel back from Iceland. The officer ran through couple of questions then told me HO decide to cancel my visa. During the interview, the office questioned me where is my 200K fund from, why do I think I am capable to be a company director, what is the test like, what are the questions in the test, etc. The decision letter shows that information from ETS indicates that false representation was employed.

Actually, this was the second time I get stopped by immigration officers. The first time was at London City Airport in June when I back from a business trip. The office did a interview with me then release me. I did ask him why I was detained. He told me that he doesn't know either, he also told me to take my language test with me when I travel next time. So I did bring the language test certificate with me When I back to the UK. The passport control officer just let me through without a single question. Then this thing happened as I mentioned above.

I am a genuine entrepreneur who already meet all extension requirement. All the documents were ready for my extension on 24th July. My business is surviving very well even in this economical environment. The test I took was genuine as well, I even have a letter from the college to show that I am the person who took the test.

My appeal will be heard on 24th June. The only thing I have received from HO so far is my T1E application form I submitted before. I think I may have a great chance to win if that is the only thing HO have. I don't know if anyone has a same experience like me or can share with me. What should I do now and what should my solicitor/barrister need to know? Thank you!!!

toeic123
Newly Registered

Re: T1E visa cancelled due to TOEIC

Post by toeic123 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:33 pm

hi sad to hear that. can i have your contact no. my email id is email
Last edited by CR001 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:58 am

@ atmone, your solicitor doesn't need to know anything special apart from the fact that you and your solicitor need to prove to the judge that your ETS test was in fact genuine.

If you have genuinely taken the test as you have stated, then you shouldn't have any problem proving that to the judge.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

khandrakhan

Post by khandrakhan » Sat May 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear that....

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Wed May 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ atmone, your solicitor doesn't need to know anything special apart from the fact that you and your solicitor need to prove to the judge that your ETS test was in fact genuine.

If you have genuinely taken the test as you have stated, then you shouldn't have any problem proving that to the judge.

Thx Olasunkanmi,

The test was genuinely taken by myself. However, I did mix up TOEIC and PTE when the officer interviewed me. I still couldnot figure out which is PTE and which one is TOEIC. I told the officer the same thing. It has been more than two years, I couldnt remember it exactly like something happened last hour. Do you think this could be an issue?

honey143

Post by honey143 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi there,
I got the same issue.. I initially submitted Toeic but on my ILR I'm presenting my msc Dregree from Birmingham uni... Let's see what will happen, in Jan,2015 in the way back from holidays I was stopped on the airport n questioned me about the English test but they let me go after wards.

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Honey

Have you applied for ilr? If so can you tell me when and if not what are your plans?

honey143

Post by honey143 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:25 am

Hi,
I'm applying in end May,2015 with my MSc degree, I'm going got ILR,I was studying MSC when I switched to this category.... After getting the visa I got my degree....
At that time I did Toeic but now I'm submitting my Degree.

I was stopped at the airport in Jan, 2015 but after having the interview she gave me a clear check .

What is ur advice?

Thx

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Tue May 19, 2015 10:41 am

honey143 wrote:Hi,
I'm applying in end May,2015 with my MSc degree, I'm going got ILR,I was studying MSC when I switched to this category.... After getting the visa I got my degree....
At that time I did Toeic but now I'm submitting my Degree.

I was stopped at the airport in Jan, 2015 but after having the interview she gave me a clear check .

What is ur advice?

Thx

We got the same issue, they let me go after the first interview. But they stopped me and cancelled my visa later....

If you still have your visa, I think you will be fine.

honey143

Post by honey143 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:49 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I'm applying for my ILR through accelerated route next month...but this time I'm sending my Masters degree.

were u onTier 1 entrepreneur 200k
visa?they stopped u near ur extension as they
did to me?

Many thanks,

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Tue May 19, 2015 10:55 am

honey143 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I'm applying for my ILR through accelerated route next month...but this time I'm sending my Masters degree.

were u onTier 1 entrepreneur 200k
visa?they stopped u near ur extension as they
did to me?

Many thanks,

No, my extension is due on 25th june,2015, they stopped me last june and Dec, visa was cancelled at the second time.

honey143

Post by honey143 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:03 am

Oh ok... Now I understand.... In my situation every thing was same except that they let me in after 3 hours wait n ask me to come next week for interview, I went there n she asked me some questions all was related to Toeic nothing related to business I'm sure meanwhile they dig all the related info from their sources.... She gave me a clear check n let me go .... But she said itz not a guarantee that u won't be having any prob in extension.
Pls do keep posting what will happen after ur hearing...
Are u in Uk ?
Thx

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Tue May 19, 2015 11:19 am

honey143 wrote:Oh ok... Now I understand.... In my situation every thing was same except that they let me in after 3 hours wait n ask me to come next week for interview, I went there n she asked me some questions all was related to Toeic nothing related to business I'm sure meanwhile they dig all the related info from their sources.... She gave me a clear check n let me go .... But she said itz not a guarantee that u won't be having any prob in extension.
Pls do keep posting what will happen after ur hearing...
Are u in Uk ?
Thx
It seems that you are experiencing the exactly samething I experienced....
They let me go and told me I am clear, but the result shows they were lying...
I will keep this on post.
I am in London.

honey143

Post by honey143 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:24 am

Many thanks....
Have u done any degree from here ... U came as an Entrepreneur or u switched to this category?
Thx

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Fri May 22, 2015 3:31 pm

honey143 wrote:Many thanks....
Have u done any degree from here ... U came as an Entrepreneur or u switched to this category?
Thx

I switched to T1e from T4. I only got a diploma. Didnt have time to go to uni, apart from those two modules I didnt pass, I had very decent score...

honey143

Post by honey143 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:53 pm

Ok ok..
From last year u r still here n going for appeal .... Let's see what will happen....
Fingures crossed:)
Thx

honey143

Post by honey143 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Hello,
Any update on ur case as far....

Thx

cat2009
Newly Registered

Post by cat2009 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:36 am

honey143 wrote:Hello,

Thx
hello Honey 143, I found our situation are similar , have you got your new visa yet? Many thanks.

atmone
- thin ice -

Post by atmone » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:12 pm

honey143 wrote:Hello,

Thx
The hearing has been adjourned to next Feb.

I have no idea what they want exactly.

They are now trying to deport someone who is really making contribution to this country!

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I attended one of the hearing for tier 1 (not mine) and it was refusal based on deception due to ets toic. Home office seem to have letter from etc and interview results (they test voice matching based on interview and speaking test part) and if different voices they prove that was by a proxy. Also asks about specific reason for selecting such centres . derails of tests erc so please be preparef if you are going for interview/ appeal hearing.

honey143

Post by honey143 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:20 am

Hello Naveed,
thx for sharing the hearing experience, could u pls let us know what was the end result from the judge...
was it in favour?

thx

honey143

Post by honey143 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:24 am

hi atmone,
i got my AR refusal ....i think next step is JR....i dont know why they r doing this to us....
what about u is it ur JR of Appeal.....?
any one knows any thing about JR's......how long will it take etc..

thx

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:42 am

honey143 wrote:hi atmone,
i got my AR refusal ....i think next step is JR....i dont know why they r doing this to us....
what about u is it ur JR of Appeal.....?
any one knows any thing about JR's......how long will it take etc..

thx
Hi, what i know is you don't get right of live and work while your JR is in progression until the decision and then if you win all of that period is got covered. Further, it is very expensive and you might need PAP to initiate it.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:43 am

honey143 wrote:Hello Naveed,
thx for sharing the hearing experience, could u pls let us know what was the end result from the judge...
was it in favour?

thx

Judge reserved the decision and said to send out later. It was not my own hearing and I attended as an observer only so I don't know

honey143

Post by honey143 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:17 am

many thanks for the useful info....