ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for naturalization straight after Ilr as BC wife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Flondon
Newly Registered

Can I apply for naturalization straight after Ilr as BC wife

Post by Flondon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:06 am

Hi All,
Just expert advise.
I got spouse visa of BC for two years in Jan 2012 out of which I lived only one year in Uk.aten got visa extension on jan 2014 for another two years.Just wanted to know if I can apply for naturalization straight after getting my ILR?
Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply for naturalization straight after Ilr as BC

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 am

Yes you can, provided you meet ALL the standard requirements, which are :

1. Residence of 3 years

2. No more than 270 days absence in the 3 years immediately preceding your application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately preceding your application.

3. That you were physically present in the UK (not away on holiday or business abroad) on exactly the same date 3 years before to the date that HO receives your application.

4. That you do not have any period of illegal or overstay in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goglobalnz
Newly Registered

Re: Can I apply for naturalization straight after Ilr as BC

Post by goglobalnz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Note that if you do NCS, it's not being in the country exactly 3 year before the date of the NCS appointment, it's the date the HO will receive the application from the NCS agent