ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise needed... Withdrawal of appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Allisonamzil
Newly Registered

Advise needed... Withdrawal of appeal

Post by Allisonamzil » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:12 pm

My husband is Moroccan and we applied for a visa for him to join me in England. We completed the application in January 2015 but in March it was refused as they stated that we had not responded to an email from them requesting some information. This was incorrect and we made an appeal. We were then advised last week that HM Courts that they were withdrawing the appeal as Paris had said they will over turn the original decision. It was their error and we sent proof that we had responded with their request. Yesterday Rabat phoned and told my husband to go to the embassy and bring the original application, the confirmation of payment, his passport, copies of his passport and two photos. He did this and was then told today that he would need to complete a new application and pay the £600 health insurance which was not needed on the original application. Does this sound right? We have paid it as he travelled 10 hours to get there. We felt that we had no option but to pay. What happens now? We have been together 9 years and married for nearly 2. Many of the thanks Hayley

Obie
Ireland

Re: Advise needed... Withdrawal of appeal

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:54 pm

You should not have paid it , as the application was made before April 6, 2015. You should seek a refund.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Allisonamzil
Newly Registered

Re: Advise needed... Withdrawal of appeal

Post by Allisonamzil » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Thanks Obie. Do you know how I would even start to get a refund? Feel a bit in limbo as not sure what is happening...! :shock: